Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lag

Options
  • 01-08-2004 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Is anyone else experiencing lag on their BF games.

I have an eircom RADSL 512/128 connection and I get lag about every ten minutes for 10 seconds or so. It's only started happening in the last two weeks, prior to that I never had a problem.

My pings seem constant to UK servers about 50ms.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

turn down your graphics settings a notch fixed all my lag problems

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

There are some tweaks for BFV here:

http://www.fpscentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77797

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

Does anyone know why Navan was getting some much connection problums?
    At one stage i got stuck in a small house and just couldn't get out there was way to much lag and the connection problums were awfull. The worst thing was there was no admin to kick the big pingers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

The worst thing was there was no admin to kick the big pingers!!!
    thats a bit unfair isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Yea Kami, I don't think any of the Navan or Cavan admins would kick someone for a high ping. They're more understanding than that. Esp in this country with the dreadful state off BB availability.

Besides higher ping = easier to kill.

I'd say the problem stems from the patch, think Rev is going to move Cavan and Navan around so Navan wil be on the better machine since its the more popular one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

The servers are both set to limit client connectiuons to 56k and warn/autokick players with pings over 200.

The lag over the last couple of days has been real bad, enough to take positive steps over.

Muhahahaha!

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

you go girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I guess Ill just stay offline and play with the stupid bots instead

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

The tweaks in the link I posted helped my gameplay a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Lucutus wrote:
    The servers are both set to limit client connectiuons to 56k and warn/autokick players with pings over 200.
    Luc
    That's a real shame. Now UTVi "broadband" folks can no longer play. Just got auto kicked 5 minutes ago. We're all getting 200+ pings to any site and/or service, including viet-navan. It was frustrating, but playable with a steady 200-250 ping. Certainly better than automatic kicking :/

Naturally, I'd rather they fixed their service. It's a shame that the best value ISP, the only ISP that gives the slightest damn about their customers, and the ISP with the consistently most awful, most useless connection are all one :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement