Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beano's Leg

• 01-08-2004 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭

:eek:

Watching that was painful enough, I shudder to think what it felt like.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Yeah it was pretty sick alright. I hope the lad will be ok after that. Hopefully it won't affect him if he gets back to playing at county level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It was a nasty injury. You could see Ryan McMenamin immediately calling for assistance for him. He may have even felt that break himself as their legs entwined. Brian McDonald is a good player and with Joe Higgins out as well it is going to be hard on Laois. Hopefully they will both be back playing in 2005.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

It was terrible. Did ya hear the commentators " oh i hope its not his knee he twisted" it was bloody obvious he had broken his leg from the first action replay. Very painful no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I am surprised it wasn't mentioned at all by the panel on the Sunday Game tonight. It looked nasty alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Anyone got a link of this! didnt get to see the GAA yesterday but everyone was sayin he magled himself in pub!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ciarann

He looks bad.I hope the GAA give him 20 grand for the next year.he is going to be out of work for a long time.Good luck to him and Laois playing 3 matches in 3 weeks can only end in failure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭scargill

any laois fans know how beano is ?

is this type of break likely to end his football career ?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

dunno, not living in laois anymore :(

but the news said he had a double break and had an op on it sunday night.
    He broke his a couple of years ago but dunno if its the same one.

Advertisement