Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

malware problem

Options
  • 01-08-2004 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

got major probs with "about blank" virus on IE. AD aware gets rid of the prob temporarily but it resurfaces after reboot. Any ideas on how to find and delete this. I'll need the info in simple terms cos i'm a bit of a spanner in pc terms :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Get the following tools.

Adware.
    Spybot Removal
    HiJack This (probablly will remove it for u)
    CW Shredder.

make sure u dont have any ie pages open when using those programs. Just type the name of the program into google and u'll find the download, all very small. If you have a variant of cool web search, get cw shredder. but remember to clean all ur temp files, cookies, temp internet files before u use just to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

elvis2002 wrote:
    Get the following tools.
    HiJack This (probablly will remove it for u)
    If you can read the logs :rolleyes: you might be better of posting this in the security forum- and have a search for the ultimate spyware thread look for my post it will teach you how to read to logs so at least you will know what you are doing

Advertisement