Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia 3341 query

• 01-08-2004 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭

Hi
    Does anyone know if both the USB and Ethernet connections on the Netopia 3341 supplied by Eircom can be used simultaneously using two non-networked computers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

I believe they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

tadgh wrote:
    Hi
    Does anyone know if both the USB and Ethernet connections on the Netopia 3341 supplied by Eircom can be used simultaneously using two non-networked computers?
    The main reason that Eircom and IOL started providing dual USB/Ethernet modem/routers was so that you can use your XBox on your Broadband connection, alongside your PC - so yes, the device is configured to allow both connections to be used at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

Thanks for that info.
    I presume that a second PC will work in place of an Xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

tadgh wrote:
    Thanks for that info.
    I presume that a second PC will work in place of an Xbox

It will indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭musician.ie

I can confirm this - I had an XP machine and a 2K machine connected to the net simultaneously last night.

Now though.....

Can I use this configuration to have the machines access each other. i.e can I have a 2 node lan with just this hardware? If so how would I go about it?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,435 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

theres no problem doing this the usb port acts like a usb ethernet card and you can see the address the same way you would if everything is networked although i think its usb 1.1 so won't be as quick as ethernet, so you will be able to map drives printrs etc you may just find it a bit slow

Advertisement