Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scum Scum Scum!!!

• 01-08-2004 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

I have fúcking had it with them!!!

Tonight my little sisters friend got her bag robbed by 1 17/18 year old Skanger & 2 17/18 year old skangettes, right around the corner from my house!

Why didn't I walk to the bus stop with them? Why?

Something really needs to be done...

Dirty little sh1ts! I wish I had of been there!

/Kone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Aye its disgrace alright. Sure what can you do?

It's worse in Limerick!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

As i have said before round them all up viglante style into a big field and napalm the ****ers!! most of them have the minds of 8 yer olds anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Personally I think we should round them up into concentration camps and systematically murder them. It's for the genetic good of the nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Why didn't I walk to the bus stop with them? Why?

Probably just as well that you didn't - skangers and skangettes carry weapons - you might have had a go - now be in ER to be told that you'll know if you got HIV off the syringe in 3 months!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

Asok wrote:
    Personally I think we should round them up into concentration camps and systematically murder them. It's for the genetic good of the nation.

I'm with ya on that one Asok. count me in! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Aye. You weren't to have known in the first place anyway. God knows it shouldn't be too much to expect to walk out your front door without being attacked. Hopefully they managed to get their descriptions for the gardaí (not that it seems to do much good reporting these incidents.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Probably just as well that you didn't - skangers and skangettes carry weapons - you might have had a go - now be in ER to be told that you'll know if you got HIV off the syringe in 3 months!!! :(

This is true, but I am willing to bet that the scummy fúcks wouldn't have tried anything had I been there! they saw 3 girls walking alone and decided, hmmm easy pickings! Fúcking SCUM!

I am usually a very very peaceful guy, I don't like violence, it sickens me but when my own family are threaten, ah man, I am so fúcking angry!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Early intervention is the only solution. If you want to solve crime you have to tackle the causes not the perpatrators. Punish the perpatrators of course, but doing that in itself won't solve the crime problems. You have to deal with the problems that cause people to turn to crime in the first place and in so doing reduce the amount of those resorting to crime. Stopping them getting into crime in the first place is a far better solution and a cheaper one in the long run. It costs something crazy to deal with these criminals when they get locked up. Spend the money early and you'll reduce those and other long term costs, so it is not money wasted as some people like to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

you cant prevent crime you fool. there's always easy pickings from young girls, they wander round in groups with loud voices, i'm better than you attitudes, and way too much money hanging off them, be it their clothes, bags or mobile phones. the dont have a clue about being streetwise. im just waiting for the day my sister gets robbed or attacked, she's just so naiive :(

xern wrote:
    I'm with ya on that one Asok. count me in! :o

I.A.S.A - Irish Anti Skanger Alliance

NEEDS YOU!

unclesam.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Seraphina wrote:
    you cant prevent crime you fool. there's always easy pickings from young girls, they wander round in groups with loud voices, i'm better than you attitudes, and way too much money hanging off them, be it their clothes, bags or mobile phones. the dont have a clue about being streetwise. im just waiting for the day my sister gets robbed or attacked, she's just so naiive :(

Rubish. You dont have to be a young girl with "better than you attitudes, and way too much money hanging off them" to be Mugged.

I.A.S.A - Irish Anti Skanger Alliance

NEEDS YOU!

Such a group exists. I remember seeing their website before.

They don't seem to be having much success though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Sign me up!Skanger scum are really becoming a big problem-I've said this many times in the now almost weekly thread about chavs or skangers or skobes or whatever!Of course the Gards dont do much to stop any of it happening!Makes me sick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Yarg! Where do I sign?! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Asok wrote:

Why not start a war to revitalise the flagging economy while we're at it? I call Fuhrer! :)

Seraphina wrote:

I really hope you are taking the p1ss, my sis is normally a fairly quiet girl, none of her friends are loud or obnoxious (and non they weren't drunk either, I wistnessed them leaving the house. They was just the victom of some dirty low life scummers.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

GENTLEMEN, this is your enemy.

skanger.gif

Anto, just back from Ibiza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

You can't prevent this sort of crime that much.
    The perpetrators know that they are under 18 and very unlikely to see the inside of an institution with nowhere to put them unless they start killing people, fact of life nowadays :mad:

The sooner the parents are punished for their kids crimes and a curfew for kids after hours occurs, the better results will happen.

This thing about tackling causes of crime is only a factor, not everyone who grew up in poverty leads a crimimal life...i'm law-abiding and from a skanger-infested area :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

They don't deserve punishment. They deserve GUNISHMENT!

• Advertisement

Theres a film about skangers ----> http://skegs.yifm.com/dictionary.html

it keeps coming

skanger flash 1 http://sleepygeek.org/stuff/mirror/scumbags/
    skanger flash 2 http://student.dcu.ie/~conlann3/skangers/skangers.html

mental if i had flash i would make some to show how bad they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Kone wrote:
    I really hope you are taking the p1ss

i'm not. i am however making a wide generalisation. the fact is alot of young guys and girls have alot more money than they used to, its literally taking candy from a baby.
    i dunno about you or your sister, but i see alot of young girls like that around, and its obvious why they're being targeted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Asok wrote:

Can I lead the PR campaign? I have blonde hair and blue eyes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Personally I think we should round them up into concentration camps and systematically murder them. It's for the genetic good of the nation

dont be stupid if you do that everyone outside ireland will feel bad for them and let them have their own country and do whaever the hell they want....They'll prob give the north to them....(hmm not a bad idea throw em all in the north and let the ira/unionists kick the sh*t out of them)

(bad taste i know but i couldnt resist it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Asok wrote:

actually that's exactly what/for Hitler was doing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

what they actually need is - have you seen movie full metal jacket? the sergant there! they need discipline and brainwashing! you should use them not kill em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Micheal Wittman

lol,its funny cause its true.:)

Seraphina wrote:
    i'm not. i am however making a wide generalisation. the fact is alot of young guys and girls have alot more money than they used to, its literally taking candy from a baby.
    i dunno about you or your sister, but i see alot of young girls like that around, and its obvious why they're being targeted.
    Fair enough, I take your point and apologise for my previous ratty tone, I was very angry at the time.

I know young girls/boys with extra cash are easy targets but this goes deeper than a few kids getting mugged, we are breeding a nation of scum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

heh, sure yesterday a group of skangers/junkies stole a plasma screen from a jewelers up the road from where i work. they smashed the window, disconnected it and ran off. funnythat hardly any people saw them, especially since it happened accross from the IFI on a fairly busy sunday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I think castration is the answer. It may take 12-17 years but by that stage the problem will be more or less gone.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

and in todays news the boards.ie a.s.a ( anti skanger allience ) clamed the lives of 4 innocents . e-mails and pm's were sent to there bitches and ho's

bloody boards ill give u a 2 short msgs ... shakes fist in general annoyance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

This sort of mentality I can never understand. Surely you can see the efficency of slave labour rather than immediate execution. If it can build Saint Petersburg then by god it can be put to work here - Imagine what we'd have saved on the Luas for example. And, fig willing, eventually the weak will have been worked to death, leaving us with a hardened remainder ready to take on all Irelands infrastructural building. EVERYONE WINS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

remember on the news about those two eight year old girls that robbed a 90 year old woman??. whats the world coming to??. lil' gansters in fluffy pink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Mark wrote:
    This sort of mentality I can never understand. Surely you can see the efficency of slave labour rather than immediate execution. If it can build Saint Petersburg then by god it can be put to work here - Imagine what we'd have saved on the Luas for example. And, fig willing, eventually the weak will have been worked to death, leaving us with a hardened remainder ready to take on all Irelands infrastructural building. EVERYONE WINS.

The green solution. Don't throw out your unwanted skangers, recycle them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

no scum in my area :p

i like the way we're divided up into good and bad areas, its a pity that Kone's sister has to come into contact with scum

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Man I know had problems with a rough crowd of teenagers, vandalism, theft, the usual. Put up with it for ages until he couldn't take it any more. Knew a big fellah who wasn't adverse to a bit of dirty work. Paid him two weeks wages to teach them a lesson. Yer man got a big van and a few mates. Drove by the teenagers (wearing balaclavas), stopped and forced them into the van. Shovels and hurleys etc clearly visible in the back of the van. Drove two blocks down the road and let them go. Told them if they had to come back again next time they wouldn't stop. ;)

Quiet lads after that. This was an oul fellah as I recall, and he didn't say when it happened, but I like to think it's true. :D

I've heard of residents employing those kinds of solutions to sort out troublesome gangs. It's supposed to be quite effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I've been robbed a couple of times by them at this stage. First time it was...a huge kick in the stones. You'd wise up over time, of course. There's a couple of tricks you can do if you have fast enough legs. i.e:

"Give us yer phone"
    "Sure" *Looks down at pocket and reaches hand into it*
    As he looks down at you putting your hand into your pocket, a swift kick in the stones and your off. Just make bloody well sure you've got fast enough legs. If his mates catch up to you, you're in a spot of bother.

Just make sure you never carry a weapon on you. A lad I know was receiving beatings and muggings from the same group every so often. Eventually, he obtained a knife. His general plan was to 'scare them away' with it, but we all know where those stories go, dont we?

Unless you're travelling in a large group, You're bait for them. It doesnt matter if you look like you're made of money or have been wearing the same clothes for a month, if they think you've anything of remote value on you, they're more than likely going to rob you.

To be honest I've never been mugged by knackers. I've gotten mocked and had stuff hurled at me all right (This is outside my house, mostly friends of my brother. Hows that for suckiness). I avoid muggings by crossing to the other side of the road any time I see a group of skangers in the street. Luckily enough their "uniforms" make them easy to spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

the little fuckers are everywhere. theres no escaping them. ive been attacked twice in the last 2 years by a few of them. i hate them. :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Another skanger thread...just what we needed :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

everyone seems to talk about ''them'' as if ''they'' are aliens or something?! what's the deal?..i smell the heavy stench of pigeon-holing.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Micheal Wittman

Get her, she's one of them.Hissssssssssssss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Kone, I sympathise with your plight and your sister and her friends. It's awful young girls can't go out without being mugged.
    Years ago when I lived in London, my friend was a devil for keeping cash and credit cards in her pocket and I constantly nagged her about it. So she went to a carboot sale and spent £2 on a hanbag and purse, but old habits died hard and she still preferred to carry her cash in her pocket. She was walking back home alone one evening when two guys accosted her and grabbed her bag and ran. They must have been sickened to open her bag and find absolutely nothing only an empty purse! She worried for weeks though about them being angry and trying to get revenge on her at a later date. Thankfully, that never happened, but she was badly affected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I've never been attacked properly. Ive been boxed twice as a younger man (I'm 22 now, it first happened when I was 12 and then when I was 17), but I don't count those as they were the lightest punches ever, and that was all.

No one I know in the 'real wrld' has ever been robbed either. I suppose that is just coincidence. I consider it unlikely that I'd be robbed as I'm pretty big and I avoid rough areas and trouble in general.

But it is a good idea to keep most of your money in a different pocket to your wallet or handbag, so it won't be taken if you're robbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I could understand (but not condone) knackers who would rob someone to feed a drug habit. what I cannot understand is those who do it for sport or to entertain their friends.

Had an incident where i was relieved of a mobile phone in october of last year and to this day the individual responsible still hangs around the same corner in which the incident took place.

Trouble here in Limerick is that everyone knows everyone else. and if you were to go to the guards they might not put your windows in but they would put the windows of a brother or a sisters house.

Anyway it would be imposible to prove that they did it anyway. Only thing i could do was have the handsets imei number blacklisted.

The problem is that I see it is that their parents havent a clue how to raise them. They are working all week and out in the pub at the weekend.

Then you have the problem of drugs being added into the equasion. The need for money for drugs makes mobile phones very attractive for instant. More people have them than dont than dont have them so your more likely to get one if you jump someone in the street.

This problem has been caused by irrisponsible parenting though. Mothers and fathers (where applicable) have a good ten years to indoctrinate their child in the difference in social and anti social behaviour before they become exposed to drugs in a big way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

everyone seems to talk about ''them'' as if ''they'' are aliens or something?! what's the deal?..i smell the heavy stench of pigeon-holing.......

I quite agree. I sympathise with what happened but subsequent posts make it sound like the whole world is falling in. Chicken Licken syndrome here..

Can we call the people who danced on the head of Brian Murphy Skangers. They are all over the place, every weekend, just a few drinks short of doing it again...

How about BMW and Merc drivers who race beyond the speed limit while on a mobile phone Skangers. They are all at it, scumbags with "rindabite" accents.

Oooh ooh, I hear that all the recreational use of Cocaine is happening in "upmarket" areas of Dublin. Dirty druggies the lot of 'em.. Skangers...

Waaah, those designer clothes wearing bankers ripping off the state by not paying taxes and their gin swigging customers doing the same. Skangers....

Lots more crime out there than theft. And by the way, I've exagerrated my points above and have used stereotypes broadly as that's virtually all I've read in the posts previous to mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

My definition of a scumbag is:

A person who shows no remorse or even takes pleasure in causing misfortune or injury to others.

Skanger is a word that I have only seen on boards.ie I would refer to them as scumbags or knackers before that. all the people you lin your post alleepally would fit into my deffinition of a scumbag.

It is just easier to recognise the shell-suit waring kind of knacker.

Yes scumbags are just as bad as skangers. But skangers are scumbags who breed at an alarming rate so they're more of a problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement