Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howdy from Atlantic City

Options
  • 02-08-2004 1:40am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well not quite Atlantic City. I spent 2 days there last week and tomorrow I'm ditching the rest of the lads to go spend 2 more days there :)
    Day 1 we booked into the Tropicana and 2 of us headed straight for the Taj to play in the famous poker room. It was well cool. Put my name down for a 2-4 game and several hours later I was $3 up on the night.
    Following night the Tropicana had a $100 tourney with an interesting format. After 3 rounds you can top-up for another $100 but if you lose all your chips before this you are out. Thought it worked well.
    Anyway 137 players entered and I managed to make it to 30th roughly. Pity as first prize was $10000. Most fun of the night was when a guy at the table got so pissed off with the tourney director he threw his chips at the dealer and walked out.
    Atlantic City is a pretty gaudy place with the average age being about 50 but for poker players it's a dream. Anyway see ye all soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Sounds like a riot. I like the semi-freezeout format, very interesting. That might work here.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of your trip!

MrP

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

musician wrote:
    Put my name down for a 2-4 game and several hours later I was $3 up on the night.

Hate to say I told you so Brian, but...

No fold 'em hold 'em.

Advertisement