Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery Reports on the V600

Options
  • 02-08-2004 5:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    didn't realise how dependent on was on delivery reports for text messages. but the v600 is a mystery to me.

Does anyone know how to activate them on this handset??

thanks
    qr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

think someone in here quad_red that you have to ring whoever network the phone is with and ask them to enable deliverly reports.....dont think it can be turned on in phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

You have to enable them for each message individually. In the final screen before you send a text message there will be an option saying "Receipt". Simply change this to yes (the default is no oddly enough). There is a seem edit available to change the default to "yes" if you happen to have the usb cable (or it may work with bluetooth, but I'm not 100% about that.

Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

to enable delivery reports (even individual messages)

according to howardforums this option is network dependent. (ie. the networks customise the phones to disable even seeing this option in the handset)

so i called o2. the girl said o2 definitely do not support delivery reports. i laughed and told her that i was getting them as of last saturday with my nokia. she the :( n put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back and said that was a feature unique to nokias and not on any other phone.

and that was that. she mumbled something about delivery reports interfering with me recieving messages or something.

now THIS is a major pain in the arse. the honeymoon period with this phone is certainly over.

quad_red wrote:
    to enable delivery reports (even individual messages)

according to another site (howards forum) you have to 'flex' or 'flash' the phone to enable these.

it seems the networks are getting sick of delivery reports hogging network bandwidth and are removing the option from newer handsets......

You don't have to flex or flash. As I said all you need is a seem edit

Details Below

SEEM 0032_0001
    offset 3D - bit 1: SMS delivery reports (1 on, 0 off)
    bit 3: Message Character Counts (0 for up, 1 for down)

Full map available at http://xlr8.us/hofo/map.txt

DISCLAIMER: If you mess up your phone while attempting any of this it is not my fault/problem!!!!!!!!

Brendan

thanks for that brendan.

i suppose i'll give it a try when i eventually get a cable.

this is serious hardship for such a basic feature ain't it? :rolleyes:

quad_red - paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

join the club. got one for the g/f and it's driving me nuts.

incidentally, did you see the post about improving battery life here? it was a few weeks back, but i did it and the battery life went from 2-3 days to a whole week on a single charge, with no noticable difference in performance or call quality. have a look for v600 posts over the last month or so, and you should find it.

vibe?

i trawled through the posts here as far back as they go and i searched V600, battery etc to no avail.

and i feel your pain with motorola.

ps. you haven't had any problems getting the v600 connected over WAP have you? i can only connect via direct call (not GPRS). despite, confirming settings with O2 etc.

quad_red wrote:
    thanks for that brendan.

i suppose i'll give it a try when i eventually get a cable.

this is serious hardship for such a basic feature ain't it? :rolleyes:

quad_red - paul

Couldnt agree more, but if you have bluetooth in your pc, you may not need a cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Changing the settings had a great effect for battery life for me, third day without charge and it's only just gone down to 2 out of 3 bars, and i spent a good bit of time playing games which normally kills it quickly. Link is http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=170305

And like everyone else, having to ask for a delivery report each time is annoying, i've given up now unless i really need to know if it got there or not

brian!!

and at least you have the bloody option of delivery reports!!

can you guys recommend any place in dublin where they sell decent cheap usb cables for the v600?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

is it the same craic with the v300?

VinnyL wrote:
    is it the same craic with the v300?

Yup. just to make my message at least 10 characters

Advertisement