Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday 1/8 Freeroll and 20-in

Options
  • 02-08-2004 1:17pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Mad night of cards altogether!

Firstly I sat down with Oscar and Dave The Dealer at Table 1 in the Freeroll. Oscar wouldnt go back in his box and Dave was plumbing the depths like a deep sea diver. Eventually the pair of them got moved and we could play some poker! :)

Motored nicely but it was all just grinding out the odds (which used to be a big part of my game until I got enamoured with the "big moves" and forgot that for a while...). The deck went cold on me on the final table and despite being gifted a small blind when I was all-in with 62 in the big, I still couldnt make it all the way to the tickets. Oscar who went from big stack to small to all-in, hung on and got a few nice breaks to win one I believe.

So, with the warm up out of the way and my confidence nice and high after this weeks poker results so far, I started on the 20-in and was at 4K before the end of the first level! Nice.

I motored again up to about 12K but I was bouncing around the room like a pinball. I think I played every table in the 20-in, I was moved 5 times!!! That has to be the record.
    I landed at one table (table 4) and hit two flushes in the first two hands and got dirty looks for "bullying" :)
    10 hands later I was on the move again to a pure evil table. Donal (loud, tall, cash player), Macker, Old Paddy and a few others I recognised... I got battered around and pushed off one enormous hand but I held my own and got moved again to Lukes table which wasnt much better. Vivian had a monster stack and so did Joe, both on my left. FFS!!
    The usual antics ensued with myself and Luke competing to see who could make the most of our comparable stack. There are bluffs and rebluffs and all sorts of crazy **** going on and then on my big blind I get dealt KK and I think to myself "They're going to walk into this and I'm going to get paid!". Fold Fold Fold Fold round to Luke in the small blinds. Thinks about it, looks at me and I know he knows... he folds too. Jesus H.

Last table was the usual lottery and I got 6th when my 7's found 9's. All the same its 100 notes when I only topped up so *shrug*.

Anyone else have an interesting night? I noted Norman storming off into the night at one point but he was back later to play in the cash games...

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I had an atrocious night at the freeroll, played crap, i don't know what it is about the fitz, maybe I do not feel comfortable as I would at home, everytime I end up making stupid calls, after my performance on the freeroll I decided to head home early and scrap the 20 game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Evil Genius

Was in the €20 rebuy also, mad night. Was getting monster hands up to the break, all of them getting cracked, JJ,QQ,KK and AK twice. After the break, said i would slow down, but still kept getting the big cards, and eventually found myself on the final table with about 20k. Was determined to make the money and tried to slow myslef down, folding mid lvl hands alot of times. Having Viv to my left and Paddy to his left didnt help. Viv had a huge stack and Paddy seemed determined to go all in nearly every hand. Eventually i started to find a few hands and doubled up twice(thanks Dev). My 77 holding up vs A6, and 99 holding up against 77. Slowly but surely we got down to the money and i decided to open up my game, and with 3 to go found myself in 2nd spot with aprox 80k, chip leader was 80-90 and Viv had about 60-70k. Anyway, after a few rounds of blinds of 5-10k, i asked whether they would do a deal as the game was coming down to a crap shoot. The blinds were going up again in 2-3 mins, and we all agreed to take 800 and 125 to the dealers. So happy with nights play overall, dont think i arse of myself and made the money.

Advertisement