Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOLBB Trial People, Will You Continue to Use It After Trial Period?

• 02-08-2004 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

The 3 month trial for some of us will be up soon so a lot of us will have to decide wether we want to stay with IOLBB or go back to dial-up. I'm still undecided, when I first signed up for it, I had every intention of dumping IOL once the three months were up :D Now, I'm not so sure! Are many of you going to continue to use it after your trials are up?

Will you continue to use IOLBB after the trial period? 19 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    68% 13 votes
    Undecided
    31% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Well soon after i got the free trial from esat a letter came in door from NTL saying Broadband in my area...so you know what they are giving a faster service for same money im paying plus no cap...well said 30 gig a month cap....now how could you pass that over,im getting NTL installed late August so i have option of trying both out i suppose,if NTL is as good as its supposed to be then Esat are getting a package sent back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm at the mercy of my parents and whether or not they want to keep it!

Originally, thye set out only to get it for me for the 3 months, however, now they are fasinated over how fast it is and since my mother is starting a home business, I think I'm continuing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

mine should arrive sometime this week as its 2weeks from today since i ordered.

i fully intend to keep it on even though i havn't tried it. i mean its like travelling concorde and going back to old propellor planes.

once you start you cant stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

smemon wrote:
    ionce you start you cant stop.

So very true.....i totally agree!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

i dont know how i survived on dial up for so long, i tried using it the other night, frustration!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Been using it for a few week's now.
    I dont think I could ever go back to dial up! :eek:

G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It's great to see that most of the trial ppl want to keep the connection after the trial - the more people on BB the more competion and the better prices we all get....I hope ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Our previous "free" dial-up service was pure and utter pants.
    My siblings, unwittingly ran up E60 on a phone bill on "free" internet service due to continually connecting and disconnecting. The average speed was 36.6Kbps but with downloads at 1kbs utter muck...

By comparison IOL BB with a E30 a month charge and consistently good speeds are a joy. I have had no problems with installation, modem, connection and the one time I did have to ring support (I forgot my signup password :o ) it was resolved in 2 minutes.

That said I don't really know any better - alternatives in this side of the country are Eircom, U.TV and IOL. Eircon are loosers, (IOL/ESAT not much better) and UTV -? IOL / ESAT were going to be providing telephony so we said may as well bundle.

Long live broadband, bring on cable internet ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

yeh im also going to stick wit iol bb. Ive had it now for 1month yesterday. Althoug i get disconnected now and then its a price im willing to pay for 55kb/s :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Unless the service improves and the disconnections stop then I WILL NOT be keeping it. Unfortunately until others do the same they will continue to provide a sh!t service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

fidel wrote:
    Im sending it back, come on ntl!!!

Are you holding out for NTL to upgrade your area? If so you might be waiting a long time.

For the record, I must say the quality of service that I've experienced has been excellent. 50 KB/s consistant downloads, 40-50 m/sec pings and only one 30 minute period of downtime the first day I connected. My only quibble with the service is that I want more speed and higher caps!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

IM happy with the IOLBB.. had one problem with the router and the guy i was
    talking to in support walked me through it in a few mins.. apart from that
    absolutely no problems..

Definitely sticking with it.. :D

Tox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

fidel wrote:
    by then ill sign up to esat under different name and address and get another 3month free

Ooo, sneaky! I could probably try that too . . . Assuming that IOL don't pull the plug on the three month trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

fidel wrote:
    by then ill sign up to esat under different name and address and get another 3month free

That won't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Moriarty wrote:
    That won't work.
    The rebate is on new lines, not new customers. If he's at a different address, then he'll have a different line, and will be entitled to another rebate.

(Any complaints yet from someone who has moved into a new flat/apartmet/house, and been refused the rebate because the previous occupant already had DSL?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I was presuming he wasn't actually moving house. You'd want to know the line in the new house hasn't previously had dsl activated on it in any case. Oh, and that the free trial offer was still in effect when you wanted to move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

most definitely keeping it.
    very impressed with the well balanced service i've recieved so far.
    shame they took so long to set me up :rolleyes:

Advertisement