Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice City prob

Options
  • 02-08-2004 2:42pm
    Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭

Just reinstalled Vice City, I load it up and blammo, the monitor goes nuts and the phrase "Invalid Scan Frequency" pops up.

I tried using the drivers to set the refresh rate, to no avail and I tried using rivatuner to do it aswell.

I've never had it for VC before, had it once or twice years ago on different games but I'm damned if I can remember how I sorted it out.

Can anyone help?

Gcard: GF4 Ti4400
    Detonator Version: 56.72

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Theres a patch to fix that and only that

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

the reason for ure monitor upset is because its native res in vice city is 960 X 720 (i think) with not many monitors can display it displayed like 1/4 of the screen i had to go into the set up and change it to 1024 x 718 but the patch would be handier

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Nice one, I'll have a look for that patch.

Thanks lads :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

this is completely off topic but i didn't want to start another thread but my question is, is there anyway to make vc look better. I t looks basically the same on my old pc(p4 1.7g, 768 233mhz ram, gf4 ti4600) as it does on my new one(athlon64 3200+, 512 400mhz ram, radeon x800 pro). There isn't really much in video options to tinker with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Theres sod all options in vice for gfx, afaik the game auto detects what its settings should be and displays them appropriately. Yes, its kinda gay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Just ramp up the resolution/colour depth. Set up stuff like antialiasing etc in your graphics card's driver control panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Went from 1024x768 with 9200Se to 1280x968 with 9800XT and it looked no better and still ran ****.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Stephen wrote:
    Just ramp up the resolution/colour depth. Set up stuff like antialiasing etc in your graphics card's driver control panel.

Aye I can second that. Turn on & up anti-aliasing if you've maxed out all the game's settings. You'd do that through the graphics card's settings.

Advertisement