Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counters and Guest book for a web site

Options
  • 02-08-2004 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

Lads,
    I'm snookered on a couple of things for an assignment I have to have emailed today. I need to put in a counter and something to profile visiters, I was thinking of a guest book as the site is not selling anything i think that will do and i need something handy and fast to at least cover the requirement of the question. I'm using dreanweaver for the first time , along with flash, I think I have them sorted etc along with the content.
    Most of the counters I have found required an extenal source to monitor the site for you then you log on and view the results, maybe thats the way to go , i have a little bit of code for this but its not working Ideally I'd like a very simple counter if it has to have an add then so be it , but this site is never going to be available on the internet , this is a problem, i guess I could just explain this in a note?.
    Also any Ideas in a guest page or where I'd get a simple one, I'd only need three or four fields to profile visitors? I've tried the www.expertexchange.com but once again its mainly paying stuff any help would be appreciated

Stoner

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

counter - www.statcounter.com - you don't even have to have a visible advert
    guestbook - what language? Try www.webwizguestbook.com - asp & MS Access based but should do the job

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Thanks Kbannon

I eventually got one from www.my-gb.com
    It did the job and had a build in counter but t was a little boring, yours looks better pity I did not find it yesterday, I had upload the thing last night, hopefull it will do the biz,
    thanks again

Advertisement