Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wtf? netsource is capped?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

we're on a 16gig cap.
    Ya dont have to worry about it until you start abusing it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

16GBs are on "Netsource Origin Plus"

so they are capped?

I hate caps,

*Netsource crossed out of my potential ISPs list*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I assume that you are looking into this to run an already very popular website, business or large software distribution off of?

Otherwise, I can't see what the hell the problem is. Even then, 24GB is a lot of bandwidth to be using in a month.

I assume that you are looking into this to run an already very popular website, business or large software distribution off of?

or Emule, BT, and be a very big dump on a very popular irc channel

I was usually loading about 30-50 gigs a month! trust me it is very possible! and you won 't even realize how it will go that high!

also!

at that price there are other isps(digiweb) that offer service with no caps!

LMAO this is funny!

on netsource's ws
    In January 2004 our usage statistics show that 96% of our customers fall within these levels. To give you an idea of how much just 1 GByte of data is:

of course they will! if not, your are going to cut their bandwidth!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

If you're transferring more than 24 gigs a month and using eMule, it can be safely assumed that you're involved in some kind of piracy. So why should they provide the bandwidth for you to do this?

drane2 wrote:
    If you're transferring more than 24 gigs a month and using eMule, it can be safely assumed that you're involved in some kind of piracy. So why should they provide the bandwidth for you to do this?

and you want to tell me, that 95% of people here who have BB connection aren't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

that's why the limits exist though. I'm on the eircom 4 gig package and even though downloading movies/music has no interest for me, if I was interested in it, there wouldn't be long until I went over the 4 gig cap and started paying through the nose for the extra data.

By the looks of things, the Netsource 24 gig cap product is aimed at business and I've heard that they monitor the business connections very closely for illegal activity.

Advertisement