Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gah to the Vodafone

• 02-08-2004 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

So a friend logs into there Vodafone Italy login to send me an sms. First thing I notice is they can send a message with at most 1200 characters :eek: but then I notice 100sms italian stuff...

So I think ahh well only 100 messages per month. Nope... 100 messages per day is the most they can send with 1200 character space!!! They can also send media messages through the site (Can we do that?)

Why dont they apply the same standards to each country. Its fairly sucky :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

damnyanks wrote:
    So a friend logs into there Vodafone Italy login to send me an sms. First thing I notice is they can send a message with at most 1200 characters :eek: but then I notice 100sms italian stuff...

So I think ahh well only 100 messages per month. Nope... 100 messages per day is the most they can send with 1200 character space!!! They can also send media messages through the site (Can we do that?)

Why dont they apply the same standards to each country. Its fairly sucky :(

Not sure I i get ya...

Regarding the standards in each country. While they are all owned by the one parent company, they are still fairly distinct companies as the organisation as a whole is huge and has expanded so quickly. Its impossible to tightly integrate what was once 20 different companies into one is a few years.. Not only that, there are services that are viable in one country but not another.. Demand in a country may also distate the cost.. There are many different issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 opthrcks

can also send media messages through the site (Can we do that?)

You can through 'picture album' on the vodafone.ie website. Its not free though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 opthrcks

While they are all owned by the one parent company, they are still fairly distinct companies as the organisation as a whole is huge and has expanded so quickly

Being a Vodafone shareholder I've had the 'privilege' :D of reading various annual reports etc. from Vodafone.
    One thing thats pretty clear is they're trying to promote data usage.
    And the other thing that (seems) clear is that Italy doesn't have the same data usage as most other countries under the Vodafone group.
    [for example see page 8 of this report]
    http://www.vodafone.com/assets/files/en/KPIs_20040630.pdf

So I imagine that the Italians are very keen to have services that would promote usage, while it may not seem to be necessary in other countries.
    Just my humble opinion though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I think you are pretty much bang on. Highest data usage outside of Japan..

Advertisement