Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do Nitelinks Run on Bank Holiday Monday?

• 02-08-2004 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

Title says it all, tried the website but no luck there, Does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Title says it all, tried the website but no luck there, Does anyone know?

No.
    They run on Sunday nights on bank holiday weekends (using the regular mon-wed schedule) but not on bank holiday Mondays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Thx, :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Depends on your route I guess. Check what it says for Sundays under the timetable.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=nitelink

Usually Sunday times operate on Bank Holidays.

7N, doesn't run on Sunday's so I suppose it ain't on tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

No nitelinks operate on normal sundays.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

ah the 7n. the best night link around

John R, you were wrong, the last 7N flew past me last night while I was waiting for a taxi. Was I pissed off? Yes, not your fault though I presumed they were off too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

I was out the sunday night just gone by and there were no nitelinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It is a very poor service. There should be proper night services in Dublin. It is ridiculous that scheduled services stop at 11:30pm. Even midweek, there are still thousands of people in town wanting to get places. There is no shortage of taxis, as we were often told. The only reason there are long queues at taxi ranks late at night is because the buses that brought thousands of people into the city all evening have nearly all gone back to their garages. There are many flaws in the Nitelink service, but I won't go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

what i don't like is the gap between last bus and nitelinks

from 1130 till 1230

i mean i often what around if i just missed the last bus but sometimes i saw just fook and spend 15e on taxi!

they collated somes of the routes now the 31n mon-weds actually goes the 29n route and there's no 29n....

which is quite confusing so many ppl on the bus ... "**** you gone the wrong way", they don't tell when you get on.... don't think they ever advertised it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Yes, that is all true. Then they only go outbound and not in towards the city, so you can't get one into town or across the city if you want. They only take people on a certain stops, but not all like the regular services. So you often have half-empty buses, getting emptier as they go out, passing willing and paying customers with out letting them on and then coming back into the city not taking any passengers. Ridiculous, but true.

Advertisement