Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newgroups

• 02-08-2004 6:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I have IBB and want to to be able to connect to newsgroups through a newsgroup reader like Outlook Express. I used to be able to do this on Eircom but am unable to do so now..

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

There are a lot of free-to-access newservers around that carry a lot of the discussion groups, a quick google will no doubt throw them up. On the other hand, if you're looking for binary groups you're going to have to pay a monthly sub of ~€10.

Lets keep all warez talk out of this thread aswell (not looking at you jtg, but others that post here).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi

I have IBB and want to to be able to connect to newsgroups through a newsgroup reader like Outlook Express. I used to be able to do this on Eircom but am unable to do so now..

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Try http://www.news.individual.net/ - just register there and within a few days you will receive a password etc.

Excellent service - I use it as UTV dont have their own full news service and its free of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭kensutz

I wonder why anyone would want to use them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

kensutz wrote:
    I wonder why anyone would want to use them
    you'll be DOOMed to keep wondering....

haha, you saw what I did there? yes, I know, I didn't find it witty either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Anyway, what newsgroup reader do you lot use?

Some fairly funky stuff on the newsgroups too..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

I use gravity or slrn depending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭kensutz

Forté Agent or Newsbin Pro

Advertisement