Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IGN server

Options
  • 19-09-2000 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Anyone interested in meeting up on the IGN server for a game, Just for the laff since its always empty?
    I dont play a whole lot of base so i dont have any m@d sk1lz to offer, but id like to play with other Irish tribers for once smile.gif
    dustaz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

The IGN server is still up ? Why isn't it on the UK master?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

dunno, i have it marked from ages ago on me faves. It was still pinging about 4 days ago, so i assume its still up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

cool, it's still there! kali.ign.ie:28001

We should get that listed on a master, I'll start playing there as the pings are amazingly good.

Teeth.

was that you on BW TAC tonight DrTeeth?
    thought i recognised the name..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

He's always on the losing team ;-)

• Advertisement

Yes, that was me, and my team 0wned. And I ran you over with an APC as you stood on a roof looking at your map screen. wink.gif

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Lo, I just got my hands on a copy of tribes and so far have been way out of my depth when playing on uk servers. Is there any good sites that give a newbie ideas\tactics\help?

cheers

Snaga

Originally posted by Snaga:
    Is there any good sites that give a newbie ideas\tactics\help?

Dont get put off , Tribes has a ridiculously steep learning curve for newbies, but if you stick with it, it starts to happen (or so ive been told, i still suck smile.gif )
    Your best bet is to watch a lot of recordings and pick up stuff like Skiing,disc jumping and stuff like that.
    Anyway, try these sites for a few demos and tips. http://www.planetstarsiege.com/hate http://www.planetstarsiege.com/tactical/ http://www.tribesworld.com/pandas/guide http://sdcc17.ucsd.edu/%7Ejeyen/games.htm

Another thing i found very handy was playing on Duel Servers quite a lot for a while.
    Also try finding a CTF game that isnt full of Pro's for the first while your playing, Make sure you have favorites set and keep moving smile.gif
    Dustaz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

PFFFFT

looking at Demos is passe, im sure DrTeeth and the other vets will agree when i say the only way to get better at the game is practice with good(as in ok guys) players. i started my tribes career on a rocky path getting embroiled in a conflict with the first so called tribe i was in. well since then i have been on 3 of the top teams.

(hi im Jag you may remember me from such tribes as Electric Mayhem[EM] Knights of Thunder[KoT] and Dragon Templars[DT].)

so if ya wanna play im game i will even show ya how to ski at no charge biggrin.gif

just one thing(im rusty) whats the command in the console for connecting to a specific server.
    *an remember kids gamespy dulls the wits and promotes poor reflexs, so dont do drugs*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

How do you ski? It's a complete mystery to me.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Advertisement

wanna meet up in IGN.ie tonight then?
    btw, no idea for the console command. New interface will let you specify a server tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Originally posted by [SN]JAG:
    looking at Demos is passe, im sure DrTeeth and the other vets will agree when i say the only way to get better at the game is practice with good(as in ok guys) players...

Have to disagree with you there. You'll learn a lot about the game, how to run flags, heavy defence strategies, light defence, light attack and heavy attack strategies, turret placements and other tricks etc from watching good players in Tribes.

Practice will get you good but watching good players will teach you what you should be practicing. Unlike Quake, Tribes is not just about fighting.

i found the console command

connect ("ip:kali.ign.ie:28001");

but it keeps timing out fer me :/

OK guys, lets say 9pm tonight on the IGN server:

159.134.244.150:28001

For some praccy/messing. Seeya there!

Teeth.

i will be there

See yis there smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

How about a game next week aswell?

Did i miss something? I was there for an hour and only 1 person showed up for lik 5 mins frown.gif
    is there 2 ign tribes servers or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I couldn't find the server.

Soz, I was busy..

Teeth.

• Advertisement

i turned up about 45 minutes late with afriend and stayed for 30 minutes cos no-one else was there

Are we gonna try again this weekend?You were so definte last time , i think you should suggest the time again DrTeeth smile.gif

Advertisement