Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Passport

• 02-08-2004 7:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

just wondering if anyone can tell me if i will be ok travelling through france, belguim germany and austria on a passport that expires in 10 days? do any of these countrys require you to have 6 months left on your passport?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

Shouldn't be a problem but might be no harm to get a new one if you have the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

I just came for Germany to Paris via train and they really didnt care too much about any sorta checking. Could be lucky cos it was 6am!

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

Well I went from Italy to France on the train last year and when we got to the French border the train was stopped for 30 minutes while the French police got on and checked passports. They took a really hard look at mine (cos it was a bit tatty looking). You just can't be certain about things like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Went down to the garda station to get a passport form signed and they said i will need it so i'm going to get one before i go

thanks

kev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Most of the time you won't need it, but when you do need it, yeo really, really do need it. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Merrion

All of those countries are in the Shengen agreement so a valid driving license should be sufficient.

Advertisement