Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you recomend me a router?

• 02-08-2004 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I'm in the market for a new router.
    At the moment i have a d-link dsl 504 but it went pop whit the thunder and lightning this morning :(
    It still connects i think it the lan part that doens't work anymore, one of the chips inside has a bit that seems to have poped of.
    Basically i need something that will do the same, 3 pc's an iol broadband.
    I'm not interested in wireless, house is wired for the network and it worked fine that way for the last 8 months.
    Thanks

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I've got a Netgear DG834, great job. I use it with a WGR614 wireless router, although the modem itself can operate in router or modem mode, which is nice.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

jozi wrote:
    I'm in the market for a new router.
    At the moment i have a d-link dsl 504 but it went pop whit the thunder and lightning this morning :(
    It still connects i think it the lan part that doens't work anymore, one of the chips inside has a bit that seems to have poped of.
    Basically i need something that will do the same, 3 pc's an iol broadband.
    I'm not interested in wireless, house is wired for the network and it worked fine that way for the last 8 months.
    Thanks

Jozi

Why not just get another DLink? It seems to have worked grand for you an the devil you know and all that!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

rymus wrote:
    I've got a Netgear DG834, great job. I use it with a WGR614 wireless router, although the modem itself can operate in router or modem mode, which is nice.

I got myself a nice Netgear DG834G, very nice kit and dead easy setup tbh..
    except same as DG834 except it has wireless

Advertisement