Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens C65 or Motorola v220??

• 02-08-2004 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭

Am trying to decide which phone to buy - either the Siemens C65 or Motorola V220...

Anyone else bought either of these yet? If so, what are their pros and cons?

Motorola V220

Siemens C65

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Im having exactly the same quandry....decisions decisions!!

with the siemens c65 can you email your pics to a PC?? there's no email client on it ....im confused!
    anyone know ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

chilly wrote:
    Im having exactly the same quandry....decisions decisions!!

with the siemens c65 can you email your pics to a PC?? there's no email client on it ....im confused!
    anyone know ?

Why did you ask this here, and then start another thread about exactly the same thing????

As regards the original question:

1. The motorola will probably have a higher res screen (based on rest of Vxxx series) with 176x220 as opposed to 130x130 of siemens

2. The v220 has a VGA (0.3MPixel) camera as opposed to CIF (0.1MPixel) of the siemens.

3. V220 supports mp3 ringers, c65 is polychronic (umm polyphonic).

4. C65 has IRDA, v220 doesnt.

5. V220 has 1.8Mb internal memory, the c65 has a unknown amount as it's not on the siemens site. Edit: according to this post on hofo the c65 has 10mb internal memory

Overall I would go for the v220 over the c65(original post)

Edit below:

The larger amount of storage in the c65 certainly makes it a tempting choice over the v220, but the v220 has plenty of other useful features such as built in handsfree which pushes slightly further ahead for me. Also the use of a mini-usb connector in the v220 means a cable can easily be found, whereas the siemens will use a proprietary(spelling?) connector for this.

Also if the v220 uses the "TRIPLETS" software it will be easily customiseable via seem editing. I am unsure as to how this works on the Siemens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Girlfriend got the Motorola V220 last week, as the shi*ty CIF camera and poor resolution pictures put us off the Siemens C65.

The V220 is a great little phone. Photos are good quality but pictures on the screen of the actual V220 don't always look great but my girlfriend e-mailed me one she'd taken to my nGage via MMS and it looks great on my screen.

So basically in my opinion, the screen doesn't do the photos any justice on the V220.

You need to buy a USB cable from the Motorola online store to transfer photos from the Motorola phone via a USB port on the phone.

But luckily my USB cable i got with my nGage fits the V220 and it was just a matter then of finding the software online for it, which wasn't too difficult either.

But i really recommend the V220. A great camera on the phone, but the screen on it isn't large enough to show the full quality of the pictures, but they look far from terrible on it. Outdoor pictures also look much better than indoor pictures, but no suprise really with no flash taken into account!

If you're looking for a phone with a great camera, some great features and a cool design - go for the Motorola V220. But if you're looking for a phone with a mediocre camera and not much else, buy the Siemens C65.

Hope this (and also bp_me's post above) helped with your decision, chilly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

basquille wrote:
    You need to buy a USB cable from the Motorola online store to transfer photos from the Motorola phone via a USB port on the phone.

But luckily my USB cable i got with my nGage fits the V220 and it was just a matter then of finding the software online for it, which wasn't too difficult either.

As I said any USB - Mini usb cable should do the job for the V220, but finding the correct one on ebay is proving difficult. I think this auction has the correct connection, but am not 100% sure.

Edit below:

Just saw a picture of the V220 in the carphone warehouse catalog for august. It doesnt appear to have the beautiful176x220 screen of the rest of the Vxxx series. Screen appears to be smaller. Would definatley recommend seeing one in the shop before you buy if this is likely to be a problem.

Advertisement