Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rock night clubs etc

• 02-08-2004 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭

I realise this should be in a different forum but you know, this forum would have a broader knowledge and of course you guys are cool!(buttered up yet?)

Anyhow i am looking for clubs that play 80's/90's rock,alt rock etc not heavy metal and also you know primal scream electro clash bs stuff

any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'd say you'd have to start your own one. Such a thing is all too rare in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭ronano

Ok i promise that if i can't find one i shall create my own within 3 months! MARK MY WORDS!

It sucks tho, i have no great desire and when i have an actaul desire to go out to such an event its not there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Clubs only play stuff like that mid-week. Weekends and its chart crap.

hey im all about the mid week! tell telle tell where and if possible what actaul music bands etc, sorry to be a waster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

I agree, more night like this would be excellent.
    *starts an elctro clash night club in her bedroom*

I went to a reasonable night in Temple Bar, granted that was back in February. Forget the name of the pub, big one on a corner, down past the Arts Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

They'll be sure to dilute it something fierce with 80's/90's, how to put this nicely, "not rock". I've found that every club I went to expecting a rock night played more Madonna than guns'n'roses.

thanks anyhow ppl

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Fridays in Fibbers in Parnell Square used to be like that. Although it's a metal club on Saturdays.

But I aint been there in a while, so don't depend on my words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

kittex wrote:
    I went to a reasonable night in Temple Bar, granted that was back in February. Forget the name of the pub, big one on a corner, down past the Arts Centre.

The Porter House? The Turks Head?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Porter house. Live bands play decent rock mid-week. Best bar in Dublin, except for the prices.

Redz (and Q-bar) are savagely miss and hit mid-week but sometimes can pull it off.

No offence but dont go near fibbers.

My best nights usually start in porterhouse and then on to whatever the night dictates, depending on the numbers in town. Most my days off are mid-week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

fluffer wrote:
    No offence but dont go near fibbers.
    lol why, what's happened to it?
    Haven't been there since I was 16.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

SantaHoe wrote:
    lol why, what's happened to it?
    Haven't been there since I was 16.
    havent been to it since i was about 17 either. Last time i was there, the beer garden was gone, it was full of twats..but thats par for the course for fibbers, the pint was the worst id ever tasted, and thier idea of 'rock' was to play the final countdown by europe.
    I think that pretty much says it all about why you should stay away from fibbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Fibber's is a godsend when you were 16 and nowhere else would let you in, letalone serve you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Think Issac Butt's do and "Alternative Disco" on thrusdays or something. Never actually been, so I'm not definate what they mean by "Alternative".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Fibbers is still the dive its always been but there doesn't seem to be anything else around quite like it. The beer garden is back and it looks alot like a building site. The DJ seems to be taking his life into his own hands by mixing Rammstein with Justin Timberlake *shudders* Last time I got a pint there I got 10 cent back out of a fiver :mad:

Could always go around the corner to Dominion on Saturdays and hang out with the goths. They play some good stuff sometimes but its really cramped in there when there's a big turn out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

That's helmut. Lmao, the guy who mixed Rammstein with Justin Timberlake. Like I said, haven't been in ages, but they did have that on a friday.

Porter house is where I start most my nights now funnily enough. Great place.

Advertisement