Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half life 1 and other game problems.

Options
  • 02-08-2004 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

I installed half life there earliertoday and its installed fine but when I go to start it the screen goes black and I can here the sound when the 'sierra' screen comes up and thats it. it stays blank which results in me having to restart. I had this problem with ff7 ultima edition. I dont know whats wrong. can anyone help?

and before you suggest my machine is crap, its well capable of running the two games in question

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Whats your specs, OS etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you're running Windows XP (possible win2k as well) you will need to install a patch for half life before it will work properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

evad_lhorg wrote:
    I installed half life

Why?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Because its a very good game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

My system specs are

1.7ghz amd athlon
    768mb ram
    dx 9
    nvidia geforce 2 64mb mx/mx400(no idea what the mx crap is about)

Im runnin on windows 2000 pro.

its like the monitor shuts off when i try to start the game. you can hear the static.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

no help???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Did you read this?

Advertisement