Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Explain Your Nick...

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Roffle that is brilliant... a german opticions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

Reading the hobbit in school 1976/7 LBI, (long before internet), thought that frodo was too naff for a nick name and came up with frodi for meself. years later using it I found out that frodi appears in norse and scandanavian sagas. Frodi was a norse king and father of cormac. 6 years too late guess one of my sons name.......yep cormac. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

stagolee wrote:
    mines from a mississippi john hurt song about a criminal from the old days , sometimes you see it written as stack o' lee but i reckon thats not right cos if you listen carefully to the recording it sounds like he says stagolee , used it ages ago to sign up for something cos i was listening to it at the time. used it for pretty much everything since cos im lazy :)

Stagger Lee, innit? Nick Cave covered it a few years back.

Mine was a nickname originally given to my girlfriend by a mutual friend, after the character in Fortycoats who spent his days rummaging in the rubbitch dump for treasure, as she had a propensity for acquiring old junk that people were chucking out. Mind you she did live in an extremely rich town where people would regularly throw out grand pianos because the butler's daughter sat at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I once bought a player called Juan pablo Healio on championship manager, and my surname is healy so i adopted healio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

when i was signing up to boards after years of lurking i was in the middle of modelling a superhero in 3ds max. he was bright red and and really cool, kinda like deadpool but with much less detail:

ad_deadpool.gif

i wanted to have a really tacky obvious name for a superhero, so he was to be called dangerman.

shortly after, i lost access to max and lost the files for dangerman. but he lives on, wherever there is injustice blah blah blah.

oh yeh, its nothing to do with that old tv series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Gordon wrote:
    Yes it was.

Bild01.gif

Now that i look at it ..it kinda looks like a Blues Brothers memorabilia shop??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

At the time of joining boards.ie, I wrote quite a bit - poems and short stories and the like. I haven't really kept it up, but the nickname has stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 zotteken

My nick is a dutch word. People around me use it to tell me i am kind of good in telling jokes, making fun, etc. I believe in English it would be translated as silly. When i first got my Internet connection i didn't really know what to choose as a nick. Then i decided i needed something descriptive and i took zotteken. Just so people now i like to have fun, make jokes etc.

Cheers
    Zotteken

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭neoB

Character off of an anime I like and she goes by the name black lady. So I named meself neoblacklady as in the new blacklady and it got shortened by a mate so its "neoB"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I was logging on and asked my brother to suggest a name, he said "how about Mr......man."
    "Mr Man" I repleied, "how about Blisterman."
    And so Blisterman set forth on his quest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Aava

My nick means "Open landscape" in Finnish.

Blah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

dead air = silence

i don't say much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

i like sprinkles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Ho ho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I really don't give a shít what any of you are called. It's me that's important. Voop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Only Fools and horses!

Apparently sounded like him once! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

it's the first letter of my name, some of the letters from my middle name & some from my surname........nothing mad about that. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

After going through 4 others i ve choosen The_Goose because that was my great granfathers nick name and all 300 of my family are known as goose's( i know the it should be geese but because its a name....ah **** it) so i decided on something meaningfull and it suits me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Short for Bollicky Bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Well started out playing half life.... went for a noobish name like "wolfenstein" (how sad) but shortened it to Wolfy (i thought it was funnier) and the nickname stuck with me in college.... so i started here and acted the bollix in one of the forums and got banned then decided on a clean sheet and new start so converted to Canis Lupis ie the latin for wolf (grey wolf to be specific) and have behaved myself since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I called myself Civilian_Target because as soon as the Austin Powers movie came out, Random_Task wasn't original anymore. And since I was crap at Q2 back then I thought it would be a quite appropriate and funny nick. And since I own civiliantarget.com, I can't really change now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Key Logistics Optimization for The leading German index of equity prices based on the 30 most heavily traded stocks on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.

I'm not a complicated person.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Right, Clodagh, that sounds plausible.

Simple, I sleep with girls 5-6 years younger than me. ;) I'm a dirty old man! (when I can...) :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Papa Smut wrote:
    Simple, I sleep with girls 5-6 years younger than me. ;) I'm a dirty old man! (when I can...) :p

If you're 18 that's bad, otherwise what's the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Blub2k4 wrote:
    No 24. Oh yes its good being me!! :cool:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Blub2k4 wrote:

em, if your 19?

My name originated long ago when the computer i used was in a room with no heating and so every night my kunclkes felt like i was cycling gloveless downhill in a snow storm in iceland. As a joke I called myself ShiverinEskimo.
    I now own shiverineskimo.com and my live gamertag is ShiverinEskimo. So here it is to stay.

I would like to see BabyEater's explanation....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Right, Clodagh, that sounds plausible.

as I said... I'm not a complicated person.

Gimme a Klo
    Gimme a Da
    ... throw in a bit of X for the craic .. and wat ave ye got? ... KlodaX

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

pretty simple, had a bloody bad cold a few years ago, packet of uniflu in hand, such inspiration i will never have again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Cause by and large i'm a scruffy bastard.
    (Though i ocassionally dress as a style wanker. just for ****s and giggles though,
    its my form of cross dressing.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

mission impossible II.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wasted

Playin UT in the good old days kept on gettin fragged by a whippersnapper who spent too much time honing his headshots..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

It's because I haven't got any, did I forget to mention these new smilies are woeful looking :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Wasted wrote:
    Playin UT in the good old days kept on gettin fragged by a whippersnapper who spent too much time honing his headshots..
    Oi!
    Whippersnapper my ass.

:-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 McFairyland

well I got my name, because I'm a huuuuuuuuuuge Will & Grace fan and Jack(Sean Hayes) is my fav character. When he was a kid, the other kids made fun of him because he was gay and they caled him "Jack McFairyland" instead of his real name "Jack McFarland"....I found it funny and I stuck with it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

mine is self explanatory.
    I was trying to find a decent web host so I was turned to Boards.ie and I chose this cos at the time I was editing my site on another window.

I still remember my first thread...

Advertisement