Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIG vs NRG to be the best in IRL

Options
  • 03-08-2004 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

4-0 TiG comphrensive slaughterfest.

TiG Victory

Round 1 Ia Drang TiG as NVA

So here it was, the war we had all been so eagerly waiting for, and it was not to disappoint. Off we march to defend the bueatiful wooded Ia Drang valley from the dreaded march of US imperialism. We started off very well here and held all our flags with good defence. Our assault team were slain on their way to cap the US river bed flag and NRG put up some resoulte defence of this flag, they were not going to let it fall so easily and were determined to make TiG suffer. All air assults were dealt with with good anti-air and the ground pounders were thankful for this. It was a long time before we managed to get this flag but eventually it fell to us in a closely contested engagement. NRG put up some good attacks of their own and grabbed a flag from us on occasion, most notably the second ridge flag. Again we hurled everything we had at them but the flag remained in their possesion for a long time. It has to be noted here that TiG started off at a big disadvantage here with NRG having about 150+ extra tickets from the start due to a mix up with the server but it was not enough to stop TiG who after a long fight took the round 219 - 149. Very good game this but our match experience showed.

Round 1 Ia Drang TiG as US

After the switch over we got the server corrected and the tickets were correct this time round as TiG started off as US. We knew what we had to do from the start here and our opening moves worked out very well indeed. Some excellent Slick flying from Luc saw us deliver troops into the heart of the battle, added with the air cover Karma and Dark were providing in the Gunship and the F4 we punched through the NRG defences. Soon all flags were ours save two and our airforce went to work to soften up the enemy before land assaults were undertaken. Again comms were excellent this round as we worked to secure all flags with well timed attacks and NRG never really had a chance to launch any counterattacks which did not help their cause. TiG went on to win this round by capping all flags and forcing an end to the match to beat the timer - final score 169 - 0

Round 2 Hue 1968 TiG as US.

This was the first time we played this map in a competitive manner. Some confusion at the start meant we never had a meaningful attack on the pagoda flag but the citadel was well secured. All was well though as we regrouped and got some loose squads banged together to push our offensive. NRG had a really good round this time and we could never get a killer blow in. We eventually got contrl of enough flags to put the enemy ticket bleed on and began to hold what we had. They put up some good defence at the pagoda and managed to take our hotel flag away from time to time but we got enough feet on the ground to keep them at bay. Again we threw everything at them but they had good mine locations which stopped our armour so mortar positions were placed to inflict some damage. A tight round this ended with TiG the victors 98 to 0.

Round 2 Hue 1968 TiG as NVA

On to more familiar terrority here as we took up positions with our AK's and RPG 7's and awaited the order to move out. We had a good plan from the start here which was executed with great care and all objectives were reached in the first few minutes except the citadel flag which we knew would be difficult to take at the start. Soon after start we had capped the Hotel, purple palace and pagoda flags and prospects were looking good for our final round. Good teamwork again meant we could launch multiple coordinated attacks on the citadel which fell to us under a lot of pressure only from them to recap it within minutes. Again we took to the offensive and charged them down to take this again which left NRG in a little trouble with only their bridge flag left. TiG had a stormer of a round this time and a good win resulted. 167 - 0 to TiG.

TiG - 4
    NRG - 0

Final ticket score 653 - 149

Conclusion : well played TiG with another fine win. Progress is definately being made with our squad and its comming together nicely, we improve with each game and our teamwork at times is second to none. However let us not forget this was NRG's first game under match conditions and they did very well to hold us off in the the opening rounds of Ia drang and Hue. Very good games and well done to both teams, rematch any time.

Original match report with pics here by Karma

Simply the best nah nah nah nah

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Steven999

I am proud to of taken part in this victory . May all you newbies look alive and prepare to kneel anytime a [TIG] soldier enters the navan server . Follow our leadership and you will acheive victory . Disobey and you'll never reach the leaderboard , never succeed in life and will probably end up joining NRG in discrace .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭MrShadow

May all you newbies look alive and prepare to kneel anytime a [TIG] soldier enters the navan server
    :rolleyes:

Someone was let out on day release me thinks :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Fair deuce to NRG. Ye put up a good fight. It was your first clan match, and I wont go into the embarrasing details of our first clan matches.

gg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭MrShadow

Thanks to TIG for a fun game last night.

It was our first clan match but also for some of the members (like me) it was the first clan practise :)

We had a huge problem with our comms. 7 of our team were in Valdez's cyber cafe and the extra bandwidth needed for ts put there pings way up. so out of 13 players 5 where on ts. was a nightmare to try and communicate.

Once we get these sort of teething problems over with we should be rolling along nicely.

Hopefully we can have another friendly again soon.

Shadow

MrShadow wrote:
    Thanks to TIG for a fun game last night.

It was our first clan match but also for some of the members (like me) it was the first clan practise :)

We had a huge problem with our comms. 7 of our team were in Valdez's cyber cafe and the extra bandwidth needed for ts put there pings way up. so out of 13 players 5 where on ts. was a nightmare to try and communicate.

Once we get these sort of teething problems over with we should be rolling along nicely.

Hopefully we can have another friendly again soon.

Shadow

Maybe after you get through these "teething" problems you might upgrade from Slaughter to just a Beating :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

MrShadow wrote:
    Here's a thought; have one mic in the centre of the room, and yell into it. Also, yell @ each other. Finally, if those in the cafe were the only one's on TS, set up a TS server within the cafe, so there'll be no ping.
    My 2 cents.

=====
    Non-related to the match stuff
    Look forward to beating fighting Bern's in the air again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

sorry just a silly question

did kami play and did he knife any one

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Joeface wrote:
    did kami play and did he knife any one
    Im not sure if HE knifed anyone. But Dataisgod took this nice screenshot...

ScreenShot25.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

He knifed me on La Drang

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Panzer81

I believe I've video footage of him running like a madman at two american TiG guys on the wall in Hue and knifing them before I got him.
    Mental it was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Ah please email it to me or someone with admin on [TiG] boards so we can post it.

Fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Steven999

Panzer81 wrote:
    I believe I've video footage of him running like a madman at two american TiG guys on the wall in Hue and knifing them before I got him.
    Mental it was.

mmmmmmmmmm.............image of Kamikaze charging 2 armed guys with a knife ..................................i thought when i saw it that a bloody ninja or something had invaded our match

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Any time i see him doing that i cant help but laugh at the sheer stupity of it but what ever it helped us totaly defeat them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭ARKANGEL

he tried knifing me but i kinda stuck an rpg in his face and that was the end :p of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Actually, i think that was me charging at the 2 guys on the wall in hue. wouldnt mind seeing it if anyone has a copy of it, or even a screenie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

Only noticed this now but i got a total of 13knife killz got draco about 4 times in a row on Ia Drang Got karma after he went running for Fli with a knife, Dataiscrap 2 times on hue on the wallz, Got ark once on Ia Drang, one on Dark on Hue lil f**ker got a NRG member first. Devil i'm not sure but i could hav and a few more! By the way it wasn't just me going for knife killz everyone was at it seen val been knifed twice and seen an1m4l getting another guy seen dark chasing poor Fli, Zion the newest person to our team let alone her first time playing knifed luc! Twas madness and that game was brilliant because before hand i think i wrecked a few TiG guys heads about knife killz and so i think they all wanted revenge. By the way also noticed luc Draco knifed his own teamate because he was running for hooky but slashed at someone else going for him!

TiG played well and i hope they play as good here as they do in future games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

*cough*cough* who was it who attacked me twice last night on Hue with a knife, 1st time I was so shocked I just pumped a few M16 rounds into him. Secound I whipped out my knife and we had a fair oul tussle until it ended when my knife found his throat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I dont chase people to knife them its a pointless wast of time when mister m16 does the job so much faster

on that note i really dont play this game anymore

I thought Karma knifed Zion.
    Yep, I have a screenshot of the message.
    And of Data knifing Kami.
    And video of that knifefest I attribute to kami at citadel on Hue.

There was a bit of knifing in that match alright, bit of friendly rivalry.
    Obviously Karma took it too far with Zion :p
    I think it was all good.
    Now its time for both clans to get some more variety in their diets and grow.

If only you could kill people with the spade! I killed Kayos once with [MultiPlayerCameraMode] just proves i dont have to be playing to be a Savage. (i'll get the pic if you don't believe me). Then i'd play nam alot more. You should put up a topic dedicated to knife pics?! Not just for my benifit but for anybody who would realy like to prove their worth!

• Advertisement

The best kills clearly aren't knife-kills.
    Dropping a Tango on someone or running them over on a moped.
    I've been killed in some surreal ways.

I had a PBR dropped on me once, lovely shot.
    There was the time someone killed the chopper over me so it fell on my head.

LoL i had a piece of a wall kill me a tank fired at it and a piece of wall flew off and blew me up in my tank? had a few funny pics might post you one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Rematch tonite! NRG shall be victorious! hahaha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

lol its only a friendly mate, i wouldnt get carried away ;)

Deadwing wrote:
    Deadwing covering his ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Deadwing wrote:

Haha! only messin mate! should be a gud game anyway! :D

Deadwing covering his ass.

OMFG Nelly you fool! You've just made it official now!
    Jims gona Post up the next match report!

Listen i dont know about this match and i dont care!
    Just dont give me sh*t if we play im not in the mood to hear all this rivalry non-sence again! I'd be happy to walk away this time with no one giving me sh*t or trying to annoy me! I wont say a thing!

OMFG Nelly you fool! You've just made it official now!
    Jims gona Post up the next match report!

Listen i dont know about this match and i dont care!
    Just dont give me sh*t if we play im not in the mood to hear all this rivalry non-sence again! I'd be happy to walk away this time with no one giving me sh*t or trying to annoy me! I wont say a thing!
    Isn't it kind of stupid to say you don't care (or even know) about a friendly match when you are one of the leaders?

Deadwing has the right idea. My comment was a joke.
    Hilarity insued....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Nobody could care anymore about this ... thread locked tbh. Im fed up with bickering. If you want to bicker some more start a new thread about it and get it locked and youselves possibly banned for a few days.

*Winters

• Advertisement

Spoilsport.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement