Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My call

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You must have a super User CP DeV. Us mere mortals can only see what thread the possitve or negitive points came from and a comment if they choose to leave one. Don't think you can find out who did it unless they leave their name name in the comment.

Never heard of this until now, ahh someone gave me a plus point fo rmy oh so helpful cut and paste of someone else's tweaks for Doom 3 :) And a neutral one for explaining where my nick came from :eek:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I must have a different one alright, I can see the names of the people who assign reputation to me. (**FEAR**)

I dunno why everyone cares about this at all, you can opt out of the system if you want to (but then you cant assign reputation points yourself).

See my sig for details on my views of currying favour with others :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

-1 for you Dev, just so you don't think I'm currying favour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'd just like to know really. It's interesting. I'm +15 anyway so it's not all that bad. But whoever gave me a knock for this thread. Please explain why.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

'Life' and 'Get a' spring to mind

hyzepher

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah I wouldnt be particularly concerned. The way it works is that you have to have reputation to be able to give +/- points. If someone with very high reputation (say me) gives someone with no reputation (say Iago) a bad rep it sends them spiralling to negative reputation. Whereas if Iago gives me negative points, its like a fly smashing into a truck doing 60. Kinda like his poker play too...

Its handy for sales forums. Otherwise I'd just ignore it.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hyzepher wrote:
    'Life' and 'Get a' spring to mind

hyzepher

I could suggest the same to you making such an extraneous reply conveying the impression you have nothing better to do. Why bother?

Yes, it would be handy for sales forums. But it's nice to know either way.

cormie wrote:
    I could suggest the same to you making such an extraneous reply conveying the impression you have nothing better to do. Why bother?

Maybe your 'own' reputation has gone to your head if you assume that my comment was directed at you.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cormie again.
    Rats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cormie again.

I'm trying, I'm trying...

• Advertisement

Locked due to major off-topic ramblings

Hyzepher

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement