Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women.....

• 03-08-2004 8:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭

Really a question for the lads who have been going out with someone for quite a while.

Have you noticed when your GF/wife starts talking about friends, her friends become "our friends" while your friends remain "your friends"?

I have noticed this with my GF and a few friends GF's too. Anyone else? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Fudger

Women are nuts !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Vaginas are weird too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

lol
    Not really in my case though. Some of 'our' best friends are people who used to be 'my' friends long before we became an us.
    At a guess, you go out together with her friends and on 'lads nights' with your friends.
    Why would she count your friends as hers if she doesn't tend to be around when you're with them ?

-edit- you think too much!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

well, no....
    My oldest group of friends is where I met my girlfriend (as in she was part of the group), so they have always been 'our friends'. We do the same college course, so again, our friends are the same (although there are some she would hang around with more than I would, and vice versa.)

Other friends I have that she wouldnt know except through me are seen the same by her as I would see her friends I met through her. I wouldn't go so far to call them our friends, but I know them well enough to have a chat with them if I bumped into them. And it works the other way too.
    We've been going out for over 4 years now... so no problems so far.

Maybe you know her friends better than she knows yours... if not, just refer to your friends as 'ours' and her friends as hers.

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

God forbid your girlfriend might actually become friends with your friends. God forbid. You had better pray your hobbies and interests don't become your(plural) hobbies and interests. If that happens, you're screwed.

Seeing as my girlfriend started off as one of my friends anyway, I don't see a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I hate all her friends and prefer hanging around with my friends by myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Dave wrote:

They whisper bad things in her ears about you.
    They're trying to steal her from you.
    They never liked you
    They'd rather see her with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

I think you'd be alot more freaked if she started adopting your friends as her own and ended up spending alot more time with them than with you! See, it could be worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dave wrote:
    Seems to be the norm. I tend to get bored hanging around with her mates, and she gets bored hanging around with my mates. She's less tolerant of my mates though. That would set alarm bells off, but most people are less tolerant of my mates :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Maybe you should both get better friends?

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote:
    Maybe you should both get better friends?
    It suits us fine. Makes her unwilling to join me on a night out. I get to go out on the piss with the lads, she gets to go out on the piss with her mates. If we fancy going out on the piss together, we go out with my brothers. Everyone wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

seamus wrote:
    It suits us fine. Makes her unwilling to join me on a night out. I get to go out on the piss with the lads, she gets to go out on the piss with her mates. If we fancy going out on the piss together, we go out with my brothers. Everyone wins.

Here here, it's a good system and everyone's happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭snoopish

Kold wrote:
    Vaginas are weird too.

* blinks *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Twistedlilkitty

I've been going out with someone for 2 months, i've met loads of his friends who i think are all rather nice and funny people, he has only met one of mine, who is a guy, he thinks i have only one friend....
    lil does he know that i paid the guy to say he was my friend....

Actually do you think it matters if your g/f or b/f get on with your friends?

I didnt but my experience with an ex is making me think differently....

and the most reason why women do that whole "your friends" and "our friends" thing is because they don't want to lay claim to something thats yours or freak you out incase you think you fancy one of them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

he has only met one of mine, who is a guy, he thinks i have only one friend....
    lil does he know that i paid the guy to say he was my friend....

Was that meant to make me laugh? :o :eek:

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Was that meant to make me laugh? :o :eek:
    well considering i dont know you....then no...if i did know you then possibly still no... :rolleyes:
    overall i was kinda hoping for pity....or sex...or pity sex...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

well considering i dont know you....then no...if i did know you then possibly still no... :rolleyes:

*mounts Twistedlilkitty*

you have come to the right place.

Tusky wrote:
    *mounts Twistedlilkitty*

you have come to the right place.

Shouldn't someone be here with a big assed WA-WA peddle right now?
    and then some guy comes in to fix the photocopier....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Shouldn't someone be here with a big assed WA-WA peddle right now?
    and then some guy comes in to fix the photocopier....
    No, first he says hes gonna fix it, but then the saxaphone starts before he gets a chance to. This is a common signal for males everywhere to drop trou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

impr0v wrote:
    They never liked you

heheheehehe
    you is gettin a reputation point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

What's more annoying is when an ex-girlfriend tries to make them "our friends" AFTER ye've split up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

impr0v wrote:
    They never liked you

why did i read that in a gollum voice?

they steals it, the preciousssssssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I saw a movie that started just like that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

So you paid a guy to say he was your mate and introduced him to the guy
    you were seeing and hoped as a result that the guy you were seeing would
    give you sex.. :eek:

A piece of advice:

About 99% of single guys are easy (and a lot of taken guys too).. if a girl
    wants sex all she has to do is ask, they arent gonna say no.. alternatively if
    you are too shy to ask, strip naked and jump on him.. that could work too..

Try it and see how it works.. :D

Tox

ToxicPaddy wrote:
    About 99% of single guys are easy (and a lot of taken guys too).. if a girl
    wants sex all she has to do is ask, they arent gonna say no.. alternatively if
    you are too shy to ask, strip naked and jump on him.. that could work too..

Try it and see how it works.. :D

Tox

I didn't know that shy people found it easy to strip naked and jump on people......
    Don't you go to prison for that...??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Not if you're a hot woman, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I didn't know that shy people found it easy to strip naked and jump on people......
    Don't you go to prison for that...??
    Absoluty 100% completly acceptable behaviour, if, your an average to hot woman.
    It's a crime against humanity if you're fat.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Has anyone ever manage to have an attractive female friend and successfully introduce her to your girlfriend without her hating her, you and herself?

Has anyone ever manage to have an attractive female friend and successfully introduce her to your girlfriend without her hating her, you and herself?
    Nope. And if anyone knows the secret of this, let us know!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Kold wrote:
    Vaginas are weird too.
    Someone who lets their brain do their thinking perhaps? In my book there's nothing weird about vaginas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The last girl I was going out didn't seem to have any interest in my friends so for the brief time we were together we only hung around with her friends. She would always say things like "Let's meet my friend x and her boyfriend at the cinema tonight".

So I have no idea what you're talking about :)

Mind you, she was nuts. Worryingly that's the first line in my description of any woman I've gone out with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement