Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ah figs...

• 03-08-2004 8:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

i'm wondering if there's anyone out there that loves figs just as much as i do? yes, yes dried figs are yummy too, but i'm talking about the devine fresh kind. a friend called over earlier with some fabulous home grown figs and a little fig tree so we can grow our own! now that's excitement for you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

i prefer prunes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I first tried fresh figs on a trip to Rome, many years ago. I haven't had eaten any since that were so delightful as those. Truly an erotic eating experience. I wouldn't try dried figs though, they couldn't be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

I remember this mad lad in bray called dead man and people used to shout abuse at him, and he used to shout back "how do they put the fig in the fig rolls" and "go back to your barbie dolls" . Funny stuff. Went around carrying a crutch for absoloutely no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭lilo moo

Gyck wrote:
    Truly an erotic eating experience.

oh my god, right?! i've never met anyone else who enjoys figs like i do...... until now that is......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

...Of course, they have to be cold and fresh...

There's an excellent veg shop on Camden street where you can get some excellent stuff, including fresh figs..!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭lilo moo

Gyck wrote:
    ...Of course, they have to be cold and fresh...

don't i know it...

i never knew where to get fresh figs in ireland. i thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

neXus9 wrote:
    I remember this mad lad in bray called dead man and people used to shout abuse at him, and he used to shout back "how do they put the fig in the fig rolls" and "go back to your barbie dolls" . Funny stuff. Went around carrying a crutch for absoloutely no reason.

Haha, Deadman. Havn't seen him for years. Is he still alive, was he ever alive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

I havn't seen him for years as well. I say he's still alive.

Advertisement