Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming Audoio

Options
  • 03-08-2004 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I hope there is someone here that can help me

I want to put a streaming windows media file on a web page. I am able to get the file to play off the internet but the computer has to download the whole file before it plays.

I want the file to start playing as soon as the page loads. and i want it to be dialup friendly.

is there a way like realplayer wehre you can write a text document directing to the WMA file or something or do I need to convert the original file so that it will stream.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Windows servers should be able to stream a WMA file, talk to you administrator to set it up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

yes you can write a metafile (which is basically a txt file that has the path to the file you want to play). i used .asx
    go to this link for more info. . .

here

Hope it helps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Ok Thanks for the information folks it is much appreciated.

I will try the metafile route. will let you know how i get on .

Advertisement