Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OpenGL?

Options
  • 29-10-2000 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭

Hmm, im back, with a new problem today..

I started up tribes today, selected all my controls, then started up the tutorial smile.gif

When i noticed everything was horrible looking, i go to options menu, thinking, well ill just change it out of software mode when i find that OpenGL is greyed out, and i cant select it?

I opened couple of pages of manual to notice that theres a big pageful of shít about OpenGL, Saying that i must slap on the "latest" drivers for the RIVA TNT chipset, the Detonator drivers, Which i've got newer drivers than that and they wouldnt work on my card neway.
    I've a GeForce Pro DDR. My bro sed it might have something to do with Win2k and try running it in WinME, but i prefer Win2k by far...So is there any way i can use Win2k with OpenGL for Tribes?
    Anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

You got the latest tribes patch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

I had the same problem. Make sure you have the latest patch. That was my solution.

ani_marco.gif Get 'em Marco!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Ok, funnily enuff, i have all the latest patches (bar 1 which i d/l) left from when my bro used to play Tribes.

Thnx neway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

hey vert, or any 1 that playes tribes

how does 1 get a hold of tribes i played it at the netshop lan and damn it was good, and a great netcode smile.gif .
    Red_icE has no sound and cannot play cs no more so me thinks ill take up tribes for the time bieng biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Hey Red,

I've only just started playing tribes neway, fairly laggy on some of the UK servers, hard too, how do i add a server? like i've been told netshop have their own tribes server?

Red, just buy it somewhere, its fairly cheap by now id say, £10-£15, but u'll need a good few patches (about 6 or so), which a couple are quite big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

The release version of Tribes didn't know anything about OpenGL - even the latest has iffy support, I run using it and it's still very ugly in places. Patching Tribes up to the latest is pretty painless. One small update to bring you up to v 1.11, and 2 map packs (the "Opencall" maps and the "Balanced" maps) that's it really - until you start getting into huds but they're all tiny.

If I remember things right, Tribes was released in Europe in the same box as the mech game "Starsiege", so have a look for that.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Yeh, i got my copy of tribes as part of a pack called Starseige Universe. Its got both games, but stareige is pants really smile.gif
    Tribes just got a budget release in the US, not sure about here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

yah i got it in that pack aswell smile.gif

The original Starsiege is a load of b0ll0x and is a waste of time .

I dont play tribes that much anymore what irish servers are stil up?

I remember playing on the Qamex one ages ago.

Advertisement