Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newbie: Tickets for Semi's ??

• 03-08-2004 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭

Not been to Croker too many times (being a waterford man and all.....).

Anyway, interested in getting my hands on some tickets for Sundays Semi against Kilkenny and have no idea how to go about that.

Last time I was there was the last time Waterford and Kilkenny met in a semi about 6 years ago and then you could just turn up pay a tenner and go stand on the hill, I am told its different now and you need a ticket....

Any tips ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Try www.GAA.ie first.

You might get some on the day if you want to chance coming up. There could well be some being sold by the GAA around the ground, usually near Quinns on the Drumcondra Road or near Gill's on the North Circular Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Quigs Snr wrote:
    Not been to Croker too many times (being a waterford man and all.....).

Anyway, interested in getting my hands on some tickets for Sundays Semi against Kilkenny and have no idea how to go about that.

Any tips ?

Tickets on sale in walsh Park tomorrow (and every day this week from 10.30am). You should be able to get them on Sunday in croker too as a full house is not expected. Hill 16 wont be open AFAIK. Tickets in the region of €40

I've mine for Saturday and Sunday ordered. €35 each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

€35? mine are €40

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

hi, are they not selling the tickets in the empty shop beside the pub(t+h's) on the pedestrian street at the back of shaws this year?

they did when they got to the semi a couple of years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I think its €35 for Saturday (QF) and €40 for Sunday (SF).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Will they be selling at Walsh Park tonight do you think or is it from wednesday onwards only ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

Quiqs

Shouldn't be helping waterford guys but you can support our minors v Tipp.

Tickets on sale in Walsh Pk Wed Thurs & Fri 40 Euro each by the way :D

Waterford are training behind close doors this week but in Nowlan Pk the more the merrier.
    1,500 or so there last Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Thanks KilkennyCat, why I want to pay 40 quid to go and watch us get our asses handed to us is beyond me, but feck it, I used to live on Jones Rd next to Croker and I always wanted to see the inside of it !

Great quote, friend of mines mate from Kerry ... have you seen the changes they have made to Croke Park ? Me : What would I be doing in Croke Park, I'm from Waterford ? Damn you Kilkenny people !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

Quigs Snr wrote:
    Thanks KilkennyCat, why I want to pay 40 quid to go and watch us get our asses handed to us is beyond me, but feck it, I used to live on Jones Rd next to Croker and I always wanted to see the inside of it !

No problem Quiqs. This 1 is 50-50 by the way. I live in waterford & have seen them several times this year. A good side & not one we are taking lightly in Kilkenny. Unlike Clare at least they play hurling.
    Enjoy the game :D

• Advertisement

The inside of Croke Park is great and the matches are great too. I am not from Armagh, Fermanagh, Tyrone, Mayo, Waterford or Kilkenny, but I will be there on Saturday and Sunday. So you don't have to be from a competing county to go and enjoy what is on offer. I've been there 14 times already this year and I intend to keep extending that, until the end of the championship and on to the International Rules games. Winter Sunday afternoons are so boring. Then it is a case of roll on The Club Finals, the latter stages of the league and then the Championship so I can resume my visits to Croke Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

So can someone confirm if they are on sale somewhere near croker? Beside Fitzgibbon St. Garda station perhaps?
    For both saturday and sunday.

Thanks.

They can never be sure of that. You'll have to keep your ears and eyes on the media later in the week. There are selling some at Croker, before the weekend. I think that is just for the Hurling though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

That's sort of what I thought would be happening. The football will probably be a sellout but the hurling probably won't be. Just have to start working on some contacts for the Satuday then.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

Is it true or is there NO student tickets? ie. no going up to the stiles and getting money back. Our local club only got 10 student tickets. Another GAA trick? :eek:

Advertisement