Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Clio

Options
  • 03-08-2004 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm having problems with a Renault Clio which I bought in 0ctober 2002. Recently the car has been loosing power, constantly vibrating while standing idle, the engine is not burning the fuel, radiator leaking water & the timing belt has to be replaced. If anyone else has had such problems please let me know. I wonder if I am entitled to a new replacement car?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Moving to the Motors forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

you will have to bring it back to get them to check it, it *should* be under warranty, however you have 2 hopes of getting a new car

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

timing belt? How many miles are on the current one?
    How do you know its not burning fuel?
    How much water is leaking from the cooling system and do you know exactly where?
    WHat has hte servicing of the car been like? May affect the warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

A friend of mine had a clio of about the same vintage, or perhaps '00, I can't remember, and it basically went to pieces. It was a 1.4 and by the time he got rid of it after incessant electrical and engine problems it was doing about 18 miles to the gallon. Renault, or their forecourt representatives, weren't exactly the model of after-sales support. Unless I win a Late Late quiz show, I won't be driving a Renault after hearing his horror stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mudflapgirl

What size is it?
    I've got a July 2002 one. 1.2 16v - tends to wheeze a bit depending on where I get my petrol. She runs a bit nicer with SUL rather than normal juice too.
    I had loads of probs when I got her first (Feb this year) due to dirty carbs and whatnot - since it was a dealer prob (they put dirty petrol in it when they did the service for me) I was lucky enough to not have to pay. She had been; losing power and cutting out, knocking a little when idling and generally being raggy. Once they fixed her (new carbs, new plugs, flushed system etc) she's been just about grand.

Have a decent Renault mechanic look at her. It may cost more but they know a bit more what they're at. After that keep her sweet by running a tank or so of that VPower stuff through her now and then. And, of course, have decent, regular services. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement