Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My true views

Options
  • 03-08-2004 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Contrary to popular belief I am not a Nazi, although I am a Republican. I do not condone the maltreatment of the handicapped, disabled, or mentally delayed. I merely believe that the Government should not take part in giving these people money. I would like to withdraw the statement that I believe in "survival of the fittest." I would love to see the weak prosper in our society, I just do not wish for them to suck off the government which is increasing the taxes for everyone. The handicapp and disabled are the most extreme, I strongly am opposed to this: I need to pay taxes which are given to various organisations, which aid programs like Planned Parenthood, a organisation which helps in the slaughter of millions of babies. Why should I have to give money to a cause which I believe is morally wrong. If people wish to give to organnisations such as this, they may do so away from taxes. The program is basically population control. This is just my view on the issue, if I have offended you, sorry, if you agree or have a different opinion shoot it back at me. By the way, for those of you who are dazed and confused over what this has to do with CTYI, I made a statement in class which was misunderstood and thought to be a deragatory statement to people with disabilities. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I just do not wish for them to suck off the government which is increasing the taxes for everyone.

Tax those who can afford it. The elite, the rich, the Bill Gates of this world etc.

Never gonna happen but could easily solve many of the worlds problems. Meh. *goes back to his quiet apolitical corner*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

We all know that the way the world is governed isn't perfect. In fact, it blows. Communism should work, but it doesn't because of the greed in human nature. Democracy should work but it doesn't because it isn't wholly and fully democracy. Fascism might work but its never been and never will be tried indefinitely, or given a proper chance.

The point is that there is no known perfectly correct way to govern a country.(Politically morally, or any other way). There are flaws in any system of running a country, so while you are right, the taxing system, like most things to do with world politics are, is poor. But there is no reasonably feesable solution.

note: when I say 'doesn't work' I use the term loosely. Obviously, like everything this is argueable.

ps: please excuse any spelling mistakes and/or blatantly stupid remarks & statements. (I havent slept too well.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

How about a technocracy, like the Helios ending of Deus Ex?

Raphael wrote:
    i stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

Raphael wrote:

Awwww yeah!

• Advertisement

Its basically facism, but with a benevolent dictator who is indifferent. no greed, no bigotism.....just need to hope it doesnt crash XD

Raphael wrote:
    Its basically facism, but with a benevolent dictator who is indifferent. no greed, no bigotism.....just need to hope it doesnt crash XD
    t'isn't gonna happen in the next 8 years though...
    and ill be dead after then, so it doesn't concern me.

Yeah, It'll need to wait till theres enough technology, and the population hasnt been brainwashed by hollywood to think ai=evil (I robot & matrix)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

pinkpimp wrote:
    t'isn't gonna happen in the next 8 years though...
    and ill be dead after then, so it doesn't concern me.

Optimist eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

pinkpimp wrote:
    Communism should work, but it doesn't because of the greed in human nature. Democracy should work but it doesn't because it isn't wholly and fully democracy. Fascism might work but its never been and never will be tried indefinitely, or given a proper chance.

I'm not sure about Fascism ever working. The argument goes: "Ask a Communist about the gulags, and they'll tell you Stalin was not a true Communist. So why not the same with 'true' Fascism versus the genocides that people like Hitler and his lieutenants caused?" The response being that Communism is doctrinaire, and Fascism (like most political movements) is non-doctrinaire; that is, there is no equivalent of Das Kapital for Democrats or Fascists, just a set of beliefs. 'True' Fascism is what Fascists have done; they do not have a book of theory to fall back on.

Oh, and to the original poster: In Ireland, they don't care if you're a Fascist or not. Display any signs of leaning towards the Right and they're on your case. Ask Barry, for goodness' sake...

• Advertisement

True. But I believe that if a certain rules and/or beliefs were put in place, fascism could work, as long as mass killings, ethnic cleansing, etc. doesn't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Regarding this political debate: (debate?)

I propose a simple but effective solution, the best system would be that us, the elite of ireland, america, and wherever else would rule the world as a congress of sorts. But we could rule the world and punish less smart people(a.k.a. stupid people) for being unable to solve simple mathematical equations!!!! muahahahahahahahaha

By the way, I'm not condoning this hypothetical situation at all. In fact I don't believe we're better peopke for attending ctyi, it just means we're better at reasoning in maths and english.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭larry

are you suggesting that the only thing of value in humanity is numerical ability?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

/me slaps forehead.

...shut up damnit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

you're all master debaters

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

jono087 wrote:

I propose a simple but effective solution, the best system would be that us, the elite of ireland, america, and wherever else would rule the world as a congress of sorts.
    They tried this in the Simpsons, and it didnt work...

They tried this in the Simpsons, and it didnt work...
    yeah, cos the simpsons is so true to life.

(i'll remind you of a certain quote:
    "Cartoons don't have to make sense Bart, it's just a bunch of funny stuff that happens.)

i'm gonna make a vote on whether or not jono087's posts should simply be glimpsed over and not read by all.

and since i'm moderator, i rig the vote. glimpsing only. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

And that "Corky" dude's. Maybe they just shouldn't be able to post nonsense. I think you can make it so all their post have to be previewed by you or Podge and approved before they go on the boards. Want to give that a try?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

You all hurt my brain.

On the note of the money to "baby slaughter" organisations, the current(and previous) US administrations slashed funding for pro-choice organisations and also for organisations such as LifeBeat, et al, who promote the use of contraception, along with not promoting contraception in places where it is really needed, eg: the AIDS epedemic in some African countries, and amongst the spiralling sex trade in Thailand
    If you don't think pro-choice movements should get funding, why should hypocritical and oppressive movements which militantly oppose abortion get funding either? It's not as if they aren't getting enough funding from the religious right anyway.

Your sig is horrible too.

But, on the note of being off topic, this forum is for general discussion, not just "OMG WHO HAS PHOTOS! OMG LOL I HAVE PHOTOS OMG LOL WTF!".

• Advertisement

plus lots and lots of funding for the silver ring thing project. :rolleyes:

I could make em pre-modded but i really dont want to - thats a lot of work for me and podge :p

Even better, set it up so me and Dave have to approve the posts

MWAHA!

jono087 wrote:

I propose a simple but effective solution, the best system would be that us, the elite of ireland, america, and wherever else would rule the world as a congress of sorts. But we could rule the world and punish less smart people(a.k.a. stupid people) for being unable to solve simple mathematical equations!!!! muahahahahahahahaha

By the way, I'm not condoning this hypothetical situation at all. In fact I don't believe we're better peopke for attending ctyi, it just means we're better at reasoning in maths and english.
    The amount of times I have seen something along these lines posted here is larger than the fungus developing in my hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

nosmo wrote:
    The amount of times I have seen something along these lines posted here is larger than the fungus developing in my hair

Amazing coincidence that an intellectual elite believe the world would be better if it were ruled by an intellectual elite, eh?

Silver Ring Thing... if their target audience is now Irish kids, they should at least have called it 'Silver Ring Yoke'. I don't need a silver ring for chastity, I have my natural appearance to do that for me.

article6 wrote:
    now Irish kids, they should at least have called it 'Silver Ring Yoke'. I don't need a silver ring for chastity, I have my natural appearance to do that for me.
    "Yoke wot stops me shaggin'"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ShortAmerican

who promote the use of contraception, along with not promoting contraception in places where it is really needed, eg: the AIDS epedemic in some African countries, and amongst the spiralling sex trade in Thailand

Note to Nosmo: The best cure to aids is not contraception, its abstinence.

Dear god, tell me you didnt just say that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

ooh u guys make me sick. U call wat i say rubbish then u all go on rampant debates about fecking governments. Y dont u just not rread my pots. It hardly hurts ur eyes. I hope you guys are not easily upset cos it seems that way. Fussing over sumthing stupid. I dont reall care wat u say!! Alot of the stuff u will probably say will probably (and hopefully) contradict u about me that is. Who the hell goes on to forums and disscuses governemnts is beyond me. But since its fun going on about rubbish like i do keep doing it.
    WAt the hell do u think these forums are for. Talking about silly stuff and nonsense and what-not. SO STOP ****IGN BITCHING U BITCHING BITCH.
    YAwn now i must go watch the glimmer man.

C ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

The best cure to aids is not contraception, its abstinence.

there is no cure for aids.. :rolleyes: if you mean in terms of the prevention of HIV transmission, the best 'cure' would be a combination of widely available protection, sexual education and a support environment with little or no stigma. abstinence does not work in practice because, especially in many sub-saharan african countries, it basically never works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

ooh u guys make me sick. U call wat i say rubbish then u all go on rampant debates about fecking governments. Y dont u just not rread my pots. It hardly hurts ur eyes. I hope you guys are not easily upset cos it seems that way. Fussing over sumthing stupid. I dont reall care wat u say!! Alot of the stuff u will probably say will probably (and hopefully) contradict u about me that is. Who the hell goes on to forums and disscuses governemnts is beyond me. But since its fun going on about rubbish like i do keep doing it.
    WAt the hell do u think these forums are for. Talking about silly stuff and nonsense and what-not. SO STOP ****IGN BITCHING U BITCHING BITCH.
    YAwn now i must go watch the glimmer man.

C ya

oh god. please shut up. you're not making this thread any better. It was interesting. Now its just annoying. Way to ruin it.....
    and also, you say you dont care what anyone here says, well, let me be one to tell you, the feeling's mutual.

Sorry for any offence i may have caused during the creation of this post.(yeah right!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement