Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My true views

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

ooh u guys make me sick. U call wat i say rubbish then u all go on rampant debates about fecking governments. Y dont u just not rread my pots. It hardly hurts ur eyes. I hope you guys are not easily upset cos it seems that way. Fussing over sumthing stupid. I dont reall care wat u say!! Alot of the stuff u will probably say will probably (and hopefully) contradict u about me that is. Who the hell goes on to forums and disscuses governemnts is beyond me. But since its fun going on about rubbish like i do keep doing it.
    WAt the hell do u think these forums are for. Talking about silly stuff and nonsense and what-not. SO STOP ****IGN BITCHING U BITCHING BITCH.
    YAwn now i must go watch the glimmer man.

C ya
    Did anyone else hear something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Raphael wrote:
    Did anyone else hear something?

Its now just a distant "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" in my head. (ref: Scrubs!)Thank god for that. This new sound is a big improvement on what he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

ROFLMAO. Way to go all out and hurt my feeling. (Goes to the toilet to get tissue to wipe away tears)

Sob now i hope ur happy.

Not yet. Maybe when you leave, never to return

ROFLMAO. Way to go all out and hurt my feeling. (Goes to the toilet to get tissue to wipe away tears)

Sob now i hope ur happy.

ah quit your whining. welcome to the real world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Forde: calm down or i will give you a ban.

This Forum is for discussion - it can be for whatever you guys want tbh. All i can say is that some of the best and most interesting threads that have here have been *SHOCKHORROR* serious. I've seen a lot of threads on this and the jokey spammy ones die out pretty quick - they just arent fun after a while (believe me, this is the fourth CTYI summer i've seen on this board).

The thing i will say is random spam deteriorates the board for everyone who wants to use it - remember it is overall a discussion Forum.

That is all.

Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Note to Nosmo: The best cure to aids is not contraception, its abstinence.
    So, to wipe out HIV, we stop procreating. Good plan.

Stephen Forde, when you retreat back under the rock from whence you came, I hope it falls on you. And learn to spell and type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ShortAmerican

First of all, stephen forde, SHUT UP, go bitch somewhere else.

Now that thats over with. Abstinence is clearly the way to prevent aids, as contraceptive tend not to work. The use of these contraceptives also promote the act of casual sex, creating more Africans having sex, creating more of a chance for Aids to spread, creating more need for contraceptives, creating more children with aids in Africa, if abstinence was used, and people got married, knew their partners well enough to know whether they had aids or not, then the people with aids would die out and all would be better again. The fact is sex spreads aids. so how do you intend to prevent aids, let the people have their sex. if sex spreads aids, shouldnt sex be cut down. This is simple logic. Less aids babies, less aids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

I would agree with some of the above poster's views, though not with their choice of text colour. (On the Net, black is in, this and every year.) Except for the allegation that "contraceptives tend not to work", when they have a very high 'success rate' for want of a better term, and the somewhat callous tone of letting AIDS sufferers "die out", though that is what they will probably do.

Needles programmes and abstinence followed by faithfulness are definitely the most certain ways to slow the spread of AIDS (though not to cure it). It's just a pity they aren't very practical ways of doing so; they depend on foresight and restraint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Well, Handicaped people need a lot of care so state aid is a must for families in such a situation. What's the point in society if things like that dont happen?

Taxs are not high because of drains on the system. It's used as a tool to keep a certain part of the population in near poverty and away from higher education.

Hence, troops for the army, workers for the factory.

As regards Aids in africa, education and a general change/improvement in society is the most important thing. A lot of African men still regard women as property.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

but you can't just come in as a foreign charity and try to change culture and society. the countries themselves need to change the legal details relating to womens rights etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

Unfortunately, like so many other problems in the world, the AIDS crisis ending is dependant on those in power actually giving a sh1t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

How are you going to stop a concenting adult from having sex???
    Your theory is good, but it would be a bit different to that in practise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

article6 wrote:
    Oh, and to the original poster: In Ireland, they don't care if you're a Fascist or not. Display any signs of leaning towards the Right and they're on your case. Ask Barry, for goodness' sake...
    Being right wing in Ireland is not an easy thing. You get a lot of arty/hippy/anarchist/angsty rebellious teenager types giving you a hard time. Though I find the line "If there's a war, it's my ass on the line, protecting you" tends to shut people up quite quickly

To the original poster: I never expected to see a poster on the CTYI board even more right wing than me *tear*

That said, some of what the original poster said is too extreme, even for me. Though then again, I do have some rather left wing ideas on a lot of topics, but people tend to see the entire "pro-war" thing, and think "nazi", ignoring all other factors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Jarge!!!

but you can't just come in as a foreign charity and try to change culture and society. the countries themselves need to change the legal details relating to womens rights etc

You know something, this character is entirely right. We shouldn't impose our charity and beliefs on them. In fact, we should withdraw all the cultural and societal changes we've imposed on Africa as a foreign charity, seal the borders, and leave them to sink into barbarism, thus neatly solving the problem and giving us a lot of money, whilst leaving us with a crystal clear conscience.

But why stop there? Why not have all the old colonial powers withdraw every influence they've had on every other country ever? That way Europe would be grossly overpopulated whilst the aborigines in my own dear homeland would still be wondering over the technological majesty of a curved stick.

Possibly my friend here is unfamiliar with Darwinism, so I'll fill in the gaps for him/her. The strongest system survives and propagates, whilst the weaker ones die out and are left behind. On a global scale, this was originally accomplished with wars of conquest and colonialism, hence the USA. Now, we do these things humanely by giving poor countries money in order to change and be more like us.

Frankly, why are other cultures so bloody good, and why should we go to such idiotic lengths to preserve them? The Japanese, for instance, seem to have had no problems (if you call 2 atom bombs no problems) incorporating western ideals into their own cultural heritage, and the Taiwanese and Chinese seem close behind.

And don't prattle about human rights abuses in those countries because I don't care, and it's the fault of the individual governments rather than the system as a whole.

So there.

George, I was actually agreeing with what you said. I thought you were making a perfectly rational argument.
    That is, until I saw what you said in the end. "So there."
    Then I just thought, what an idiot.........

Well, as a dub, I believe that anyone that exists outside the pale, doesn't deserve to do so. We are superior to everyone, even our superiors. All other lifeforms are crap. Im not ignorant, you're ignorant. Come here you, shut up right, see you, shut up. And other things you tend to hear on FM104 at night...

pinkpimp wrote:
    Well, as a dub, I believe that anyone that exists outside the pale, doesn't deserve to do so. We are superior to everyone, even our superiors. All other lifeforms are crap. Im not ignorant, you're ignorant. Come here you, shut up right, see you, shut up. And other things you tend to hear on FM104 at night...

FM 104 you say? cool, this'll be a laugh. is it a phone in? i'll take the piss and act like a real bogger.

Jarge: careful with that argument its very much a double edged sword - look during the cold war at all the fights the US got involved with that they ****ed up severely - Vietnam, Korea, financing during the Iran Iraq war etc. there can often be a lot to be said about a country being introverted IF they don't know how to handle themselves on an international scale.

Darwinism doesnt always win out, tbh its not so much the smarter the brain, more the bigger the club when it comes to global expansion et al.

crash_000 wrote:
    Darwinism doesnt always win out, tbh its not so much the smarter the brain, more the bigger the club when it comes to global expansion et al.

You forgot bigger wallet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

To buy a bigger, nuclear, club.

pinkpimp wrote:
    You forgot bigger wallet.
    not neccessarily, the Afghani's drove the russians out - its only when they got carpet bombed - hence bigger club.

I stand corrected.
    Well, im sitting down...
    but you get the jist...

yeah... the im a computur thread seems to make more sense after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭COCK

SORRY JACK FOR CALLING YOU A NAZI

I DIDNT MEAN IT

this is john barry by the way

i shouldnt call you a nazi, cuz youre not one

I saw a movie about hitler, and the guy who played was incredibly unattractive.

Being right wing in Ireland is not an easy thing. You get a lot of arty/hippy/anarchist/angsty rebellious teenager types giving you a hard time.
    Complaining about angst on the CTYI board is like holding a placard saying "Meat is Murder" on the killing floor in an abbatoir. And if you're complaining about "arty/hippy/anarchist/angsty" types, then you completely deserve the stereotype of a warmongering ignorant.
    Though I find the line "If there's a war, it's my ass on the line, protecting you" tends to shut people up quite quickly
    Either that, or they just cheer. But seriously, if we're ever in a war of some kind where people are needed "protecting us", ie; an invasion or whatever, We're pretty fucked anyway. Unless the vatican city attacks us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Jarge!!!

crash_000 wrote:

And that's Darwinism too, of a kind.

The reasoning goes like this:

1) System A has a lot resources

2) They must have got them from somewhere

3) I wish I had a lot of resources

4) I wish I was System A

And voila! Radical governmental reform made simple. Don't you just love the was I made it sound almost plausible?

So there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ShortAmerican

bus77 wrote:
    Well, Handicaped people need a lot of care so state aid is a must for families in such a situation. What's the point in society if things like that dont happen?
    QUOTE]

Newsflash! My government would not leave the handicapped to die, although I was misunderstood in class about this, I would simply set up a seperate optional health care/insurance system integrated with the government. You can give money to it if you wish, its almost like social security, and the money will be doled out, if you get hurt, you get paid. Its an eye for an eye system. If you dont pay, you dont get funding. Also, hanidicapped people will be expected to give all their money to the funds, which will provide them with proper care and services. This still is not perfect fair for everyone, but this would be impossible. As for the unemployed workers who pretend they cant get a job, and sit at home watching TV and collecting their government benefits, well, they ar screwed.

nosmo wrote:
    Unless the vatican city attacks us.

The vatican could probably beat the living mule fúck out of us you know. The swiss guard are very highly trained

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote:
    The vatican could probably beat the living mule fúck out of us you know. The swiss guard are very highly trained
    With pikes and muskets. And if you're gay, they kill you. I think they have something like one automatic weapon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement