Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My true views

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

crash_000 wrote:
    Thankyou for the superhuman reference.

Credit where it's due. May I never be mod during newbie high season.
    Em, since when does marriage ensure that both people are STD/AIDS free? thats a complete joke tbh, a myth perpetuated by the catholic church.

*sigh* Nobody's claiming that. Not the Church, not any posters, not anyone. But when you combine pre-marriage abstinence with post-marriage faithfulness, the chances of being free from infection with AIDS are higher than those of pre-marriage libertinism combined with post-marriage adultery.

Strange that nobody has mentioned the situation with medical patents on AIDS treatment yet - in my opinion it's a clear case of laws being used to protect something which should not be guarded. Books, music, yes - chemicals, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Rainbow Girl

Lets face it, abstinence just ain't going to work. You can't just go into a third world country and tell everyone to trust you, this is the best thing to do, stop having sex please. It won't work.

First of all, how do you propose to spread the message to everyone in the country? Secondly, how do you convince them this is the right thing to do? As much as it would help, you would still be denying these people a basic freedom. They'll hardly go along with this. Some will see how much it will benefit their country, but a percentage will be selfish, or won't see the point, or will think themselves so madly in love that they just won't care. It can happen. Thirdly, how do you propose to enforce this? If you step in, bypassing the government, and propose this, you'll have to follow through. By setting up any kind of punishment, you'll be taking power from their government, which ain't right.
    And, unless you test every couple for AIDS or STDs when they get married, you can't allow them to have sex either, plus not everyone, far from it, is going to remain completely faithful to their partner.

It just won't work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

do what the ugandan government did; start off with organistaions like TASO (ugandan AIDS support organisation) and use these to get rid of the stigma associated with HIV. then take a rigourous local approach through sex education and prevention schemes. obviously, these thrid world countries aren't going to have the funds to completely eradicate HIV but that's why WHO and the pharmaceutical companies come in.

(man, i cannot believe my IR project is coming in so handy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

crash_000 wrote:
    Em, since when does marriage ensure that both people are STD/AIDS free? thats a complete joke tbh, a myth perpetuated by the catholic church.

It would stop the wide spreading of STD's. In theory, its good. in practise, never gonna happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ShortAmerican

heres a question, one, does anyone have contact info for john campion,ian googin,dave vos,or darren ward? 2, super mean yet practical, in which situation would more people die if thw current aids crisis continues at its pace. 1. We kill every person on the planet who has aids.or 2. we gone on preaching contraception.
    Number 1 sounds horrible, #2 sounds rational, is not #1 just a speeded up process of number two? The second sit. suggests we terminate all possibility of aids' babies being born. the first suggests we terminate them while alive. What is the difference, very little. Ill tell you what the difference is, those posible live have no voice, no freedom, or rights, if you erase our concept of time you will discover a life is a life whether its is just a posibility or not. If any one of you brought yourselves back 150 years and I said I was going to kill your grandparents, in turn never letin your mother to be born never allowing you to be born. This Natural Law of the course of tme is being altered by contraception. That life was going to exist since the beggining of time just as much as you would have. What gives you the right to terminate the souls possibility of incarnation. No one can deny this, it is pure fact, if you wouldnt have been ferti;ized by your father YOU WOULDNT BE HERe. How do you feel about that. Every life and possibke life needs ro have a voice, if you were that egg, nearly fertilized, but deprived and unable to ever be you would be screaming for a voice, but you wouldnt be heard becuz you are here and you take it for granted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Jesus use some paragraphs! Looking at that block of text makes my eyes fuzz over.
    Maybe I should have that looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

...its pretty much random ****e anyway - my eyes hurt now though. locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement