Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

play.com headsup

• 03-08-2004 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭

Just thought some people might be interested in *this*
    offer from play, as it has alot of excellent films, including alot of peoples favourite asian films.

theres also one or two slightly less well known asian films including
    Sympathy for mr vengeance . .
    and the happiness for the katakuris.. .
    which are both excellent and a bargain at this price.

most of the other films iv seen there are good or brilliant.. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

WHOA!

Thanks for the headsup, Chad!
    That's quite an offer altogether!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Dark Water is still more expensive than the rest.
    Grrr, it's like all the ones I want are the more expensive ones.

Nice sale though.

Edit - Is Dolls good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've just ordered Dark Water and Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance, about all I can afford now. Pity I've had quite a lot of them already at full price, but I did indeed get them some time ago (got versus for my 21st Bday) so I'm not too bothered.

Mak, Dolls is quite a fantastic film altogether, but make sure you're aware of the kind of film it is before you buy it. Nothing as voilent as Kitano's usual stuff, but still a masterpeice, and quite superior to a number of his films I could mention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Sympathy for mr vengeance is definetly worth a first look by everybody..
    its not perticularly enjoyable.. in a fun way..
    more of a scream at the tv kind of movie..
    soo good..

got hard boiled and dead or alive aswell and saved about 45 quid altogether over hmv or any other high street retailer. Even if i had bought them from play its still about 30 euro saving :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

you can get dark water at www.movietyme.com for £4.99 english money. A better deal that play are currently offering, I got it a few weeks ago. Its a nice scary movie, much better than the usual hollywood nonsense.

• Advertisement
Advertisement