Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap xtravision dvd

• 03-08-2004 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

philips dvd in xtravision killester going for 79euro, with 50 euros worth of rental vouchers.

seems like a good deal....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

starnge why the pigsback.com price for the dvd player is still at 23000 points. Which is €230. It should be 7900 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Did you happen to notice the model of the philips dvd player Alienhead?As I looked on their site but they still only have the Jvc one for €99
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

those vouchers from X-tra vison i think there not great,a sister inlaw got a dvd player from Xtra vison and thought that the vouchers at time she got you could just get dvd's or VHS films from adding vouchers up but its like this you get only so much off your next rental so your still paying for a DVD rental or Video.....well was when she got it last year,might of changed these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

The vouchers are €2 off each new release you rent, which cost either 4.75 or 4.45 depending on how new they are. If you got the €1 denominations of the vouchers, you should be allowed to use two, and the €2 one's were missing for the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

got that dvd player last week.. its grand.. had a two prong plug but an adapter plug thingy with it, so it's ok.. the vouchers are great.. sure if you have to buy a dvd player anyway!!!! they valid til next year so it is 50 yo yo in your pocket..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

there's always a catch, still not a bad price, and at least its a brand name you know.
    mad m wrote:
    those vouchers from X-tra vison i think there not great,a sister inlaw got a dvd player from Xtra vison and thought that the vouchers at time she got you could just get dvd's or VHS films from adding vouchers up but its like this you get only so much off your next rental so your still paying for a DVD rental or Video.....well was when she got it last year,might of changed these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Will it play multiregion, mp3's, SVCD and VCD's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

..........no idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

alienhead wrote:
    there's always a catch, still not a bad price, and at least its a brand name you know.

My Philips dvd player decided to stop working out of the blue, just after the warrenty expired.
    So, now I don't trust them. I had a Philps tv that blew aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

No, yes and yes.
    It's locked on region 2, but you could probably crack that somehow (and no, don't ask me...!)

Also, Join www.pigsback.com and you can get an extra €30 worth of vouchers — effectively bringing the price down to -€1!

But as someone alreday pointed out, you can only use one €2 voucher at a time, which means you effectively have to rent 40 games or DVDs @ €4.75 - €2 = €2.75 (thereby spending €110) to use them up. This is what put me off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Anyone have the model number on this ?

Thanks

Advertisement