Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What kind've of man turns you on??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Wow! Thats upping the bar a little too much! Now we have to remember first date, "i love you", first kiss anniversaries!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I figured this one out recently as I was getting lots of grief for not remembering these things... Women use diaries and such.. and they write all this stuff down in them... Only the female mind would come up with such an ingenious and insidious tactic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

I think i must be seeing different sigs - she doesn't seem to have one, but i can see most peoples. I've cycled though all the skins and turned sigs on my CP. hers doesn't show up.

Fair enough about the sigs as i couldn't see them, but i suppose what i was really trying to say was that the boys have hijacked this thread, and it'd be nice to have female posting on boards about their likes/etc. without them getting hit on. anyway, off topic ! I'll stop now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Lozjm

yossarin wrote:
    and it'd be nice to have female posting on boards about their likes/etc. without them getting hit on. /QUOTE]

Hardly being hit on - be serious !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

Lozjm wrote:
    yossarin wrote:
    and it'd be nice to have female posting on boards about their likes/etc. without them getting hit on. /QUOTE]

Hardly being hit on - be serious !

just as well, your tactics were going nowhere.. (joke)

'your a man .. your a man..'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

climaxer wrote:
    I have been pm'ing someone here and sent him some pics

carful now!

there are a lot of perverts on here.

ferdi wrote:
    carful now!

there are a lot of perverts on here.

Do you mean there are people on here who aren't?!?

climaxer wrote:
    The village people are not what I had in my mind and I'm not gay.

Only 1 member of The Village People was gay... eh... the Indian (Native American!) I think...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Sleepy wrote:
    Climaxer, I recommend you reconsider the crap sig pics, overuse of smileys (that you seem to have used incorrectly), refusal to obey the rules of grammer and quit with the theatrics if you plan to stay a member of these boards. I ain't a mod, but you'll find they're not fond of flashing gifs in signatures and Monty, the mod on this board is particularly swift in his bannage.

‘grammer’ is correctly spelled ‘grammar’

there is a missing comma between “grammer”, and “you'll find…”

(there's more, but I'm not going there)

I just hate when people try to correct, or complain, about others with extremely bad examples of what they are trying to correct, or complain, about.

I don’t mind when people make mistakes, but when they do while complaining about other people’s mistakes, it just get on my nerves - anyway this is a message board, not a national newspaper, or a legal document.

Oh, and I’ll be the first to say my grammar isn’t half as good as I’d like, and I can’t spell to save my live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

i usjt raelesid!
    wyh are so many men posting on a board entitled "what kind've man turns you on??"

all of you! out of the closets, and into the streets!

• Advertisement

I'm metrosexual!

or maybe a crab person....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭skittishkitten

adonis wrote:
    i usjt raelesid!
    wyh are so many men posting on a board entitled "what kind've man turns you on??"

Very Good Question indeed ! ;)

Guys ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Very Good Question indeed ! ;)

Guys ?????

Pinks shirts mean we are secure with our sexuality..

all of you! out of the closets, and into the streets!?????

Some you can have a woman only thread but not a man only Golf Club? To Portmarknock with us all :eek:

Pinks shirts mean we are secure with out sexuality..
    [/QOUTE]

WITH OUT Sexuality !?!? :eek: Men are never WITHOUT Sexuality are they ?? Such a scary thought !! I LIKE sexuality in a man !

Originally Posted by Skittishkitten - wyh are so many men posting on a board entitled "what kind've man turns you on??"

Ummmmm........Sorry that one was from Adonis .....I was just agreeing with 'em

[Qoute=jesus_thats_gre]Some you can have a woman only thread but not a man only Golf Club? To Portmarknock with us all [/Qoute]

BUT OF COURSE guys should post here ......but in all fairness shouldn't they be answering the question about what type of man turns them on ? It is the question after all ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

I got a new toy!! [Asus P4C800-E Deluxe] [Pentium 4 2.8E @ 3.6] [512mb OCZ Pc4000 CS 2.5 4-4-7] [Dell 18.1 inch TFT] [Creative Labs Audigy 2 NX] [Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers] [Saphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB @ 451/379] [Antec Sonata Case] [2x37.5GB Western Digital Raptors - Raid 0 array] [160GB Western Digital Caviar] [NEC ND-2500A DVD-RW]

I think this, more than pink shirts, is an indication of your sexuality ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Bubbles is still here? Ah bless. Hi Bubba, I'm lovely!

• Advertisement

Pinks shirts mean we are secure with out sexuality..
    [/QOUTE]

WITH OUT Sexuality !?!? :eek: Men are never WITHOUT Sexuality are they ?? Such a scary thought !! I LIKE sexuality in a man !

Originally Posted by Skittishkitten - wyh are so many men posting on a board entitled "what kind've man turns you on??"

Ummmmm........Sorry that one was from Adonis .....I was just agreeing with 'em

[Qoute=jesus_thats_gre]Some you can have a woman only thread but not a man only Golf Club? To Portmarknock with us all [/Qoute]

BUT OF COURSE guys should post here ......but in all fairness shouldn't they be answering the question about what type of man turns them on ? It is the question after all ! :D

Ah yeah, read my post again.. Our Our Our Our Our

Ah yeah, that has to be most messed formatting of a post ever. I like tidy people ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

well built but not muscled bound , long dark hair , goatee , one thats not overly impressed with themselves ( can't stand a man that loves to spend time preening in a mirror ) . One who can be submissed to my whims , but knows when to take control when I get out of hand . Someone intellegent. Someone that like to go places and do things , not sit at home all the time . One that will lavish affection on me

Woooah, back away, not today :rolleyes:

High maintenance :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

a guy who can make nice tea. tea is v important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

adonis wrote:
    I got a new toy!! [Asus P4C800-E Deluxe] [Pentium 4 2.8E @ 3.6] [512mb OCZ Pc4000 CS 2.5 4-4-7] [Dell 18.1 inch TFT] [Creative Labs Audigy 2 NX] [Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers] [Saphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB @ 451/379] [Antec Sonata Case] [2x37.5GB Western Digital Raptors - Raid 0 array] [160GB Western Digital Caviar] [NEC ND-2500A DVD-RW]

I think this, more than pink shirts, is an indication of your sexuality ;)
    Not gay, not straight, just geek. But I want his rig...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Men with glasses. A very fluffy (soft) beard (definitely not toothbrush grade). Slightly balding, not quite perfect teeth, (maybe a little othodontics as a teenager until he rebelled). A tiny scar on the forehead I think is cute too. Smallish mouth. V important for kissing to have compatible mouth sizes I reckon.

The truth is there is only one guy of that description that I fancy. I see him every morning when I look in the mirror - till death do us part :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

ooh this is tricky... ;) ...well i love long hair on a man, it looks mighty sexy...good taste in music...intelligent.ie likes philosophy and generally likes to talk about things other than the usual sh-te......eccentric..artistic...comfortable with sexuality.ie not totally homophobic and willing to have all sorts of adventures ;) ....passionate and fiery ....

Not gay, not straight, just geek. But I want his rig...

Yeah geek but kind and sensitive too.. Also a brute of a man..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

adonis wrote:

oh i hope its raining men when i go out into the streets

ando wrote:
    Woooah, back away, not today :rolleyes:

High maintenance :eek:

High Maintenance ? ..... ME ? LOL .... never been accused of that before ..... I think I like it :D

It was the intellegence thing wasn't it ! Women aren't suppose to want a sexy man with intellegence too .....just some sexy guy hanging about adoring us and being a complete idiot ..... *sigh* AH WELL ! Guess that will just have to do ! LOL ;)

what about what turns you off? for me..it's vacuousness..nothing worse than a guy with a pea-brain...unadventurous..conservativness..sports clothes .ie adidas,nike et al...immaturity about sex,etc. oh and any guy that finds jordan attractive is a definite no-no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Lozjm

Lainey wrote:
    just as well, your tactics were going nowhere.. (joke)

'your a man .. your a man..'

Lainey - If I were using tactics you be mine by now !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

what about what turns you off? for me..it's vacuousness..nothing worse than a guy with a pea-brain...unadventurous..conservativness..sports clothes .ie adidas,nike et al...immaturity about sex,etc. oh and any guy that finds jordan attractive is a definite no-no.

while I would wholeheartedly agree with most of your comments I think your generalisation about sports clothes needs further consideration...there are certain types of sports clothes that scream out "run away, quickly" i.e baseball caps and bright gaudy tracksuits, but to completely rule out a guy on the basis that he wears sports clothes!!

Needless to say I wear sports clothes, on occasion, well actually quite regularly, I don't wear them to work or if I'm going out in town but if I'm at home or just going to the cinema then I'm more comfortable in a pair of runners, tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt....

I would consider myself to have a brain that's at least apricot not pea sized, very adventurous and open minded, and quite mature, but sports clothes are just so comfortable that I couldn't give them up!! :D

Iago wrote:
    but to completely rule out a guy on the basis that he wears sports clothes!!

the way I see it... you wouldn't give a job to someone wearing "sports clothes", so why would you want to have an intimate relationship with someone in "sports clothes"

ooooooooh.... I hate sports so much........

But still... well done Shelbourne!

the way I see it... you wouldn't give a job to someone wearing "sports clothes", so why would you want to have an intimate relationship with someone in "sports clothes"

ooooooooh.... I hate sports so much........

But still... well done Shelbourne!

well to be honest, much as i would change out of my sports clothes for an interview, I would do the same for a date!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Iago wrote:
    well to be honest, much as i would change out of my sports clothes for an interview, I would do the same for a date!
    I hear ya buddy. I would be quite a comfort fan meaning that I wear tracksuit bottoms when I'm not working or going out. I dont see any problems with that.

Also, if someone looks down on me because of such things then they are simply shallow and I wouldnt want to know them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Women aren't suppose to want a sexy man with intellegence too

Just as well, I'm taken.

Originally Posted by skittishkitten
    Women aren't suppose to want a sexy man with intellegence too

well intelligence can lead to sex so it is quite important, and sexy=intelligent anyway.
    Also, if someone looks down on me because of such things then they are simply shallow and I wouldnt want to know them.
    i don't look down on guys who wear sports clothes , it's just generally that guys who wear those kind of clothes constantly tend to be very sporty,etc..and i am the total opposite..i don't mind exercising but any mention of sports and my brain shuts down..so that would'n't be very compatible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

One that will lavish affection on me and treat me like the Goddess I am

I like to call myself a Princess, instead of a goddess..But same in nature me thinks!

/me giggles

~DR~

well intelligence can lead to sex so it is quite important, and sexy=intelligent anyway.

Actually the whole handsome + intellegence thing was a bit of a jab at men in general since the more common jest is women + beauty = no brains . I couldn't help twisting it around on them a bit ;) . I wouldn't stay around a man that didnt have an quick mind , there's no fun in that , and there sure isn't any sex good enough to compensate !

Well not for long anyhow ! :D

I like to call myself a Princess, instead of a goddess..But same in nature me thinks!

MMMMMmmm...... yesssss .... Goddess , Princess , My Most Devine Mistress .... all are pretty much one in the same I would think ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

i don't look down on guys who wear sports clothes , it's just generally that guys who wear those kind of clothes constantly tend to be very sporty,etc..and i am the total opposite..i don't mind exercising but any mention of sports and my brain shuts down..so that would'n't be very compatible.
    I wear sports clothes because they are comfortable not because I am sporty. I'm not sporty at all and I certainly dont go around talking about it. So I think that if you are gonna shy away from people due to their clothing then thats a crying shame...

I would have to agree with Gobby, sports clothes are comfortable when you're sitting around or as I said before going to the cinema or something..

I am quite sporty as well though, but even then that shouldn't preclude a relationship, quite a few of my previous girlfriends weren't sporty at all but we still had plenty in common, just because I play sport doesn't mean I have no other interests! in fact it's almost healthy if you and your partner have one thing each that is just your own, it gives you space and a sense of yourself, as long as you still make time for the other person it shouldn't be an issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

What??? That makes no sense...
    You could just as easily say:
    You wouldn't play football with someone wearing a suit, so why would you want an intimate relationship with someone who wears a suit?

Do you interview potential boyfriends aswell? "Any man interested me meeting me send your CV to ...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

CathyMoran wrote:
    they need to get to my brain before I can fancy them...
    Hold on i'll get my drill

*squeezes drill trigger 3 times fast*
    fancy a scew?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 KevCarina

Men in those blue electricians trousers!! Yum yum. They make their asses look SOO tight!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

NotMe wrote:
    Do you interview potential boyfriends aswell? "Any man interested me meeting me send your CV to ...."

Potential partners are normally asked a few questions and slightly figured out long before the titles ‘boyfriend’ or ‘girlfriend’ is giving out - even if for some this process is a unconscious one, it happens.

The same is done for potential employees.

Advertisement