Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat 1 Date/Time/Location

Options
  • 03-08-2004 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

how is 2pm sunday the 8th for heat 1 for everybody? From the main thread this date suits those who've posted so far. I'll be hosting it (baring objections) in my house in donnybrook. I'll pm directions to everybody once the date/time is agreed.

Greg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

So far so good.

MrP

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Grand for me.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Suits me fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

Yup tis fine by me, should be able to head into the freeroll afterwards too :) or possible HCGA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

hi guys,

can anyone swap to heat 3 which is on the 15th?

im kinda screwed this month with holidays etc and this weekend is the only real way i can play a heat. sure that'll suit some of ya fine :)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I can if you like.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

its cool thanks tom, i swapped some other stuff around so ill be sticking with heat 3. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

Hard luck suckers.

I was originally in heat 3 but swapped with spiritus.
    Prepare for a can of whoopass to be opened.
    then closed.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

k, Sunday at 2pm it is then. I'll pm everyone with directions, if you don't get one, and think you should have, by 11am then send me a pm please.

Greg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

C y'all there!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Just back from the US. Will probably sleep for half of tomorrow so it don't suit me (or evillive for that matter). Enjoy.
    If anyone wants to swap with me and evilive then all the better. Thought being able to play the heats any weekend meant we didn't have to arrange it this quickly but anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

yep

definitely wont be playing tomorrow

so if anyone from the other heats wants to play this wkend just shout

mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

musician wrote:
    Thought being able to play the heats any weekend meant we didn't have to arrange it this quickly but anyway....

well to be fair i did give 6 days notice and every body who replied said it suited them. I had even changed it from saturday because it didn't suit one person. Being able to play any weekend doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to play the first one.

I'd be happy playing later weekends, but I think it's a bit short notice to change it now.

I'm sorry it doesn't suit you though.

Greg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Aye no worries. About time I didn't make a final anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

no problem

just thought someone may like the chance of an easy seat in the final
    this heat looks like a bit of a soft touch to me

enjoy the game

So, how did it finish up?

btw: thanks for hosting Quozl..

myself quozl and dev going through!

Congrats to one and all!

great game, great location too! Thanks for hosting Quozl. Glad to get through.
    BiteMe and I continued to get the same hands later on in the night too! Very strange!
    Woot! Finals here I come!

DeV.

agreed!
    great game.. and great location.
    through by the skin of my teeth! :D
    it was neck and neck for quite a while between the 2 small stacks!
    (dev... still thinking of me that laying down of 2 pair and smiling
    have you got a jack? :eek: have you? :eek: )

• Advertisement

That was a excellent lay down. I honestly dont think I'd have gotten away from 2 pair, I suppose the straight was obvious but the play didnt indicate that I was drawing to a straight! That decision saved your ass!

Oh and yes, i have a jack :p:p

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

DeVore wrote:
    great game, great location too! Thanks for hosting Quozl. Glad to get through.
    BiteMe and I continued to get the same hands later on in the night too! Very strange!
    Woot! Finals here I come!

DeV.

Agh, was so annoyed I didn't call you with that A8, I just knew we had the same hand again but couldn't risk going out at that stage. Was worth my while just hanging on until the rest got knocked out... still regret not waiting for a few hands to see if I could of doubled or trebled up and had a decent shot at getting more money. I guess you get to a stage where you've done enough work and just wanna cash in. Nice to eventually come somewhere yesterday. Stupid bubble in the BSOP, well done to others getting through. Was a great game and thanks again to quozl for hosting :)

ah BiteMe, dont be so hard on yourself (thats *my* job :^) ) you did well and hung in there despite some pretty big stacks going to war! At the end you had what... 8,12K? Derrill and I had 69K each!! Theres a time when you should just decide hey, I've done well... and just take a shot at the title. Playing sane poker wasnt going to get you up with us!!

DeV.

Advertisement