Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Debit Cards

Options
  • 03-08-2004 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Why are there no debit cards in Ireland other than laser which the banks are reluctant about giving out anyway. Like in the UK you can get Visa Debit Card and you can get solo and switch cards. There even available to Under 18's but here the banks are reluctant to give out the stupid laser card and I don't see why when the money is already in your account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

cos they want to give everyone credit cards so we'll all be in debt!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I had some argument with the bank to get a Laser card, even though I already had a credit card. They're a disgrace. I was a second year postgrad student and I wanted to know why they would not give me one, but they were handing them out to first year undergrads.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Why are there no debit cards in Ireland other than laser which the banks are reluctant about giving out anyway

Because for some reason known only to themselves, they decided to go for a system developed by themselves rather than with an internationally compatible/recognisable one...

Advertisement