Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYI makes the papers!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Oisín Collins

article6 wrote:
    And what if they don't pass the entrance exam or they can't raise the money? Not everyone with a bubbly personality is a well-off English/maths wizard.

please read above, what happens if you recommend it to 3 friends who dont get in, then the numbers disappear......as if by magic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Funkeyhatzrock!

Wow ye're a bloody optimistic bunch aren't ye!!
    right i get what ye mean. sorry i kinda meant wierd wacky etc. AND intelligent people my apologies.
    Now do ye all want to continue depressing people by saying ctyi will come to a horrible drawn out end due to twindling numbers, even though the numbers have only risen in the last years, /continue this stupid little debate/ or simply shut the **** up and acknowlage that your interview was very good and it was most pleasent for us all to be precieved by the out side world as being normal youths?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Well I say well done to Oisin and co cos for once we didn't look like a bunch of geeks who all get together and do Maths for fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Maths is fun.

Clearly, we're starting from different first principles here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭skanger666

maths can be fun.. only if you out-smart your teacher tho :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Dude, my head was on TV? Man I'm famous.

I'm gonna have to start charging people to talk to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

article6 wrote:
    Maths is fun.

Clearly, we're starting from different first principles here.
    She's differentiating, you're integrating. what can i say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

****in' Old school!

du duu du du duu duu du duu du duu du du duu duu du duu du duu du du duu duu du duu du duu du du duu duu du duu du duu du du duu duu du duu du duu du du duu duu du duu du duu du du duu duu du duu du duu du du duu duu du duu

Damn those beats are so fresh!

SNAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vikki

Ois&#237 wrote: »
    what happens if you recommend it to 3 friends who dont get in, then the numbers disappear......as if by magic!

i recommended it to all of my firends, three of which got in, that was my point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kms

Better this than calling it "nerd camp," eh? The July 26 issue of The New Yorker had an article on American CTY that was headlined, yes, "Nerd Camp." Sigh. At least it's less pretentious than the actual "Center for Talented Youth"...

- kms

Roses are red; Violets are blue; All of my base are belong to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

kms wrote:
    Roses are red; Violets are blue; All of my base are belong to you.

That line is so unfunny except in its original format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kms

I know, I know, I just can't let go. Someday I'll be a cool kid, I promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

excellent article, much better than the preceding cringe inducing ones. That article made me PROUD to be a ctyi veteran. Well done to Oisín, Owen and Aisling.

As for those who say the extra exposure is pointless, that's bull****. I would never have heard of, and hence never attended, CTYI were it not for a tv program i happened to see. I would have missed out on what have been the best 6 weeks in my life so far and some skills i picked up at CTYI also led to some extra achievements in my life. If this article is responsible for just ONE more person going to CTYI and getting the opportunities that we all have gotten then it's bloody well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭COCK

yeah that was a pretty good article, i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

We shuda gotten the three biggest scumbags at the camp (sean,liam and sum1 else) to do it and see the interviewers face when she saw them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

wow!
    well done Oisin, we didnt come off that bad at all
    compared to that thing last year *shudder*.
    they completely twisted everything bill said.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

Has anyone still got the article and if so would any of you like to scan the picture that came with it and post it here?? I wanna see my Aisling! Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭skanger666

i have still got it but i cant scan it because the driver is hidden away somewhere and i didnt install it to this PC to start with so i cant use the scanner until i find the driver which will be at least another oh... 3/4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

Has anyone still got the article and if so would any of you like to scan the picture that came with it and post it here?? I wanna see my Aisling! Thanks.
    PMed you a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 wolfhound

i found out about ctyi through an article in the irish independant a few years ago. it was pretty good otherwise i never would have gone.

Advertisement