Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Away Pizza recommendation

• 03-08-2004 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

As a rule I don't touch take away pizza but hunger got the better of me and I paid a visit to my local work area 4 star pizza outlet at the Walkinstown roundabout. They had a new "posh" (yuech!!) 12" pizza with Goats cheese and Sun dried tomatoes for 11 euro, so I gave it a go. IT TASTED BRILLIANT!!!! As a regular to cafe bar deli on Georges St I can rate a similar pizza they have on the menu as better but not by much. Go get one!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

also theres a place called parnell grill in clonmel that do really nice pizzas and are really cheap!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

the americano from Domino's is a tasty bite

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

BBQ chicken from papa mcs in greystones nom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no compitetion for pizza n' cream in bray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,004 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Four Star Pizza are so nice. Dominos taste rank. Their ingredients all taste really odd.

Hot 'n' Spicy at Four Star, definitely recommended

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Godfathers Pizza!

mmmmm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Stark wrote:
    Four Star Pizza are so nice. Dominos taste rank. Their ingredients all taste really odd.

Tut. Ignorance I tells ya. The youth of today.

Anyway - Domino's. Texas BBQ.

(What branches of domino's still run the Americano? It finished over here ages ago...)

(Head Chef @ Domino's Glasnevin :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Cr3m0 wrote:

there can only be one winner - and its been decided....
    hot n spicy all the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Wow. I think 4 star is absolute MUCK. Their cheese tastes funny and i've been unwell the two times i've eaten their pizza (and it wasn't from the same outlet).
    Dominoes is the best chain store pizza by far. Apache is er..patchy. The Apache on Dame st is great, but the one on Pearse st is vile, food is often burnt and they use too much sauce. A little uniformity wouldn't go amiss with Apache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Urgh yeah, even in the same branches the food is hit and miss with Apache. Sometimes the pizza is pretty good, but a few times I've noticed the base they made was uneven, thin in the middle and with too much sauce it ends up like goo in your hands.2

Domino's is okay, but I have a thing for Pizza Hut (and seeing as they do collection, mmmmmm).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

The texas bbq has to be the best and most tastiest pizza around, Its Heaven. Dominos are the best, pizza are crap and as for four star I won't even go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bubblymc

Apache in Limerick is great. Lunch deal is 9" with 2 toppings + can of coke for a fiver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

If the whole IT thing doesn't work out for me I am definitely thinking about starting a pizza restaurant.

Proper thin base, crisp on the rim and moist (not doughy) in the centre.

Buffallo Mozarella, not cow's milk mozarella or bleedin cheddar.

Fresh decent ingredients unlike most of the places in Dublin.

Worked as a pizza chef in Chicago for three months. The third home of pizza.

(Italy first, South of France second).

Was tricking around with irish ingredients recently, Donnybrook Fair is good but expensive.

[edit] My point is that the pizzas we get in ireland for the most part are dry doughy muck that repeats on you for hours.[/edit]

Buffallo Mozarella, Vine Tomatoes, Basil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Stark wrote:
    Hot 'n' Spicy at Four Star, definitely recommended

That's a madman pizza! Dont get me wrong I like the odd Hot 'n' Spicy but the one I got from 4 star nearly set my head on fire!:eek:
    Worst of all I was on a bus and had no access to any sort of drink!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,004 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's brilliant, the pain sets off a savage endorphin response. I had tears running down my face and I was all giggly.

The Apache pizza in Fairview does quite nice pizza.

If you want lack of uniformity try Abrakebabra. Some places do really nice food. Others do the most rotten food ever tasted (Chicken kebabs containing just a single piece of some breaded hard brown **** as opposed to chicken pieces etc.).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I used to get pizza's pretty regularly from the Apache on Pearse St. The usual was ham, bacon, pepperoni and cajun chicken with chilli shake. Delicious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Cr3m0 wrote:

I 2nd that! Pizzas N' Cream is not a pizza, it's a resteraunt, they do the best pizzas I've ever tasted in Ireland. Proper pizza. Yum!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

having been to Rome and eaten a real pizza
    I can safely say, without a shadow of doubt, there is no such thing as a good pizza in Ireland :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Beruthiel wrote:
    I can safely say, without a shadow of doubt, there is no such thing as a good pizza in Ireland :(

most irish people don't want italian pizza, they want american pizza, loaded with toppings.

i've actually had a good italian style pizza in waterford at teh weekend, some place behind the city square

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

There's a new pizzeria in Camp Street, Oughterard, Co. Galway called Archer's.

They do the "Posh Pizza" but call it the Archer's Classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Four Star poisoned my gf a few weeks ago. Drumcondra branch.

Apache's self-titled pizza is very nice, IMO.

And Flanagan's on O'Connell St do pizzas upstairs with very few toppings - their pepperoni is actually spicy :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

NoelRock wrote:
    Anyway - Domino's. Texas BBQ.

You're getting a good rep point for this one! I tried it on friday based on the recommendation (was getting bored with the same old pizzas I get), and it was tast-y (mmm!). Will be making it part of my takeway routine now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I thought pizza's were from Greece.
    Meh.

Independant Pizza.
    Nyom.
    Althought their duck pizza tastes a little odd. Suppose its the duck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

Beruthiel wrote:

Yeah Italien pizza is the nicest.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

best pizza in my opinion is
    Serpicos in Wicklow Town.

It's run by the people who used to run The Pizza Mill in Greystones and the pizzas are fab.
    Depending on who's working at the time the toppings can be a bit scabby but usually they're great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Chew and Chat! excellent excellent pizza

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,323 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Purveyors of the finest pizzas in Dublin are without a doubt Gotham Cafe in South Anne Street. They're kind of upmarket pizzas and are absolutely the biz, especially my favourite, the Flat Iron.

At the other end of the scale is Pizza Top, just across the road from Break for the Border. They do take away pizza slices that are very tasty and are just the job after a feed of beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Common theme going on here (got a hankering for pizza atm) 4 star allegedly frequently poisons ppl and therefore has questionable hygiene , Pizzas n' Cream are great but are based in Bray only (damn!!) , Dolmino's Texas BBQ is best overall winner thats available to the masses...

Anyone disaggree or knows of a really good pizza place in the terenure /rathgar/rathmines area that has something special ?!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

bus77 wrote:
    That's a madman pizza! Dont get me wrong I like the odd Hot 'n' Spicy but the one I got from 4 star nearly set my head on fire!:eek:
    Worst of all I was on a bus and had no access to any sort of drink!

Pfft. I put wasabi on mine.

Domino's have a nicer base/crust.

I don't suppose anyone's tried Pizza Eile in Galway, have they? I'm considering getting an all day breakfast pizza, topped with fried egg, rashers, and pudding. They do dessert pizzas too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Mizzoni's Pizzas in Dublin.
    Mighty meats pizza all the way.

Advertisement