Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Away Pizza recommendation

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Mizzoni's used to be my fav but they're just not the same anymore...They always seem really dry to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Anything I've ever eaten from Mizzoni's has been MINGIN'. I never go near the place now.

I used to love the Apache thick base pizzas, but any time I ordered over the phone I always got the standard base. It was only when I ordered through the website that I got the proper thick base (but it took longer to deliver).

I tend to hit Dominos most often these days (just across from work). Not the best, but you get used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

NoelRock wrote:
    (Head Chef @ Domino's Glasnevin :P)

really? You mean the one opposite the Skylon? If so then your Pizza has gone really downhill since it opened. The staff there are pretty bad, problems in the past include getting those chicked drumsticks instead of the strips and after two phone calls they were never delivered. Ordering a Pizza for pick up and then arriving to find it was delivered to my parents house, then the girl who took the order argued that I did want it delivered, what a spa. But the last straw was finding a hair in my pizza and when I brought it back the following day being told that it couldn't be from one of their pizzas as they all wear hair nets. But then it is owned by the same people who had the Abrakebra their before hand and everyone know their hygene standards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Yeah Italien pizza is the nicest.... :D
    No way!! I've tasted pizza in a lot of places but the best has to be New York, it beats any other pizza I have had hands down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

For anyone around Maynooth/Kilcock/Celbridge, Rebel Pizza in Maynooth do the nicest pizza ever! THeir chicken fajita pizza is delicious. I'd avoid their garlic bread tho!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Vok

Just to throw in my 2 cents on the whole the-best-pizzas-come-from argument, I was on holiday in Bologna, Tuscany and Rome a few weeks back and tasted a lot of really, really good pizza.

But... I have to say that the best pizza I've ever tasted was in New York, at a standard little neighbourhood pizza place somewhere on 54th St., I believe. Empire Pizza, if I remember correctly.

As to the best pizza in Ireland, I'd have to go with a place called Sorrento's in Drogheda. We were on our way to Belfast and thought we'd find a culinary wasteland - maybe it is, in fact - but the pizza I had here just blew me away. Even the Italians in the group raved about it.

Best pizza in Dublin? The Gotham Cafe would probably be up there. I also have a soft spot for Ciao Bella Roma in Parliament St - IMO, the purveyor of the most absurdly good value lunch in all of Dublin - though, their pizzas wouldn't match the GC's. I would like to hope that there are places out there that would top these two, though. Anyone know where there are any wood-fired pizzerias in the city?

Best take out pizza was from Apache Pizza in Rathmines about 4 years ago. I'm pretty sure they're no longer at that location and that the quality has decreased significantly since then.

Will give Rebel pizza a shot, though. Thanks for the tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

brocolli and black pepper pizza in old forge pa is out of this world
    sounds totally disgusting but its absolutly beautiful
    even nicer cold
    goddammit i wish i was still in the states !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

Beruthiel wrote:
    having been to Rome and eaten a real pizza
    I can safely say, without a shadow of doubt, there is no such thing as a good pizza in Ireland :(

If you like real italian style pizza get yourself down to Tom Skiny's in Clonmel, I think nothing of travelling the 30 miles from my home town to get some ...it's well worth & has to be the best pizza I've ever tasted (Including Italian or American)... fab base, loads of tops & the tastys sauce ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Vok wrote:
    I also have a soft spot for Ciao Bella Roma in Parliament St - IMO, the purveyor of the most absurdly good value lunch in all of Dublin - though, their pizzas wouldn't match the GC's.
    I ate there recently after hearing good things about it. In terms of value for money, it's pretty good, you'll get a humungous pizza for about €8. Quality-wise, things aren't so good. The pizza I got was overloaded with tomato sauce, the cheese and pepperoni were literally swimming on top of the base. I suppose at the price you're paying, you can't really complain. Then again, maybe I was an unlucky customer.

Just so you know, that establishment is actually Italian, so don't expect pizzas laden with different toppings.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Cremo wrote:
    no compitetion for pizza n' cream in bray
    aigh its being there donkeys years have say v nice

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

best pizza in my opinion is
    Serpicos in Wicklow Town.

It's run by the people who used to run The Pizza Mill in Greystones and the pizzas are fab.
    Depending on who's working at the time the toppings can be a bit scabby but usually they're great!

o yeah that use to be great the wedges and homemade garlic mayo nom have to make a trip to wicklow town so

Advertisement