Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid Month Madness!! 25-Freeze Out and Others. 14th August. In The Fitz

Options
  • 03-08-2004 5:50pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, as part of our on going attempt to take over Irish Poker, we're organising another tournie and a few side events too.

First: 25-in Freeze out in the afternoon (4:00 registration, 4:30 start). This will be the same as the game in the Merrion but more pocket-friendly. Expect the same sort of additional silliness plus anything else I can think of!

Second: Cash games... I can't recall how many times I've walked past the cash games in the Fitz and thought about sitting down with some winnings and playing but have been scared by the volume of cash that is involved. Well we've asked Luke to organise a beginners cash game. Low stakes (probably 1 euro blind) and friendly.

Third: Pot limit games and a Sit and Go games. Last night we had a side table of interested players for a one table tournie during the event and it went quite well so I think we should try and make the most of the room we are given!

Fourth: In the next two weeks things will start to move along with making all of this a bit more formal and transparent (rather then just being a couple of blokes from Boards!). We took emails last night and will be sending out a weekly email round up of competitions, results, and up coming events (that sort of thing) so that people who dont read Boards (they exist you know!) can keep up to date with stuff. We'll be announcing more of all of that plus some pretty cool online stuff on that Saturday afternoon.

Infinity and Beyond: Since we are playing at 4:30 we should be finishing up around 9pm by my estimation. With the side action I hope people will either stick around and play or go to an agreed pub where we can meet up afterwards and exchange bad beats stories!! I'm entirely intent on getting wangered and ending up in gutter somewhere shouting abuse at random strangers or incoherently shouting "HE ONLY HAD THREE F*CKIN' OUTS!!"
    Any suggestions as to which pub to congregate in?

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

emm.....what about just playing cards right through the night instead of wasting good time and money on alcohol...

and yes I will be seeking help for my problem :D count me in for this anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Hot damn. Put me down for some of that. And sure, I'll play some cards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Sounds great. Unfortunately I will be in Croke Park watching Kerry kicking the Dubs ass.

And before ye say it, I know poker should come first and I should be banned or something, for heresy.

Will make any future ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

w00t!!!! Stick me down for the Saturday tournament!!! As for pubs there are several good ones on Baggot St - one of those perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I'll be in Croker on the 14th, watching the Dubs play some team from the country. :rolleyes: But I like the idea for future dates. Perhaps an Omaha 8/b single table sit and go tourney (bound to be 9 of us who would be into it) in future?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

after a lifetime online, I may attempt to join the real world with this one. Are you planning to have dealers....or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yay, I'm gona come and take your money!
    That in turn will bankroll me and I can play in your 50 quid games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

sounds brilliant. time and cost could scarcely suit me better. Thanks Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

Yup me too

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

boo! work is getting in the way of my poker. :mad: Gotta sit this one out.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hippo wrote:
    after a lifetime online, I may attempt to join the real world with this one. Are you planning to have dealers....or not?
    Yep, we'll have dealers. Feel free to come along and bring anyone you want with you. Its all very friendly.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I too sometimes work saturday afternoons and have to miss this. I'll definitely be along for the Sit & Go's afterwards though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Dev, thanks for that, see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

DeVore wrote:
    Yep, we'll have dealers. Feel free to come along and bring anyone you want with you. Its all very friendly.

DeV.
    Where are you getting them?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Er, I'll be press-ganging nice people (and you) into dealing for the tournie.

On that point can I say a brief note of thanks to those who stepped up and dealt for us for the night last Monday. Particularly Marq and BrendanB who deal in the Fitz and offered their services, its nice to see people offer and support what we're trying to do.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

anyone see amp's new sig yet? Think it looks good myself, just in case you haven't here it is,

Lunacy Abounds! GLm! What's your Ethos?. ampcam Contains scenes of extreme peril.
    <- The Official Mascot for and Archangel of Boards.ie 2002. Fight Cancer! Join Team Boards.ie
    AMP'S JOURNAL: BRING OUT THE GIMP! Pictures! Par lives BINK! KIC-BOT! BAN AMP! The Boardsies JAHBULON!
    Iago is a far better poker player than I

It's the last line that really sticks out for me!personally I think that everyone should change theirs to match :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'll deal for ya dev if you want.
    I very much like dealing as it keeps my mind on the game, and I'm able to deal properly

sweet. Thanks. This should be fun as there are a couple of games going to go on all afternoon and then we'll go beering after the main tournie is over!

DeV.

Advertisement