Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bourne Supremacy

• 03-08-2004 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭

Will you go to this? It's out on the 14th and seems to be getting mixed reviews from across the pond, though it was top of the box office until 'The Village' started showing. I was a big fan of the first one, despite hating Ludlums writing, and didn't agree with the claims that Damon was too anonymous to play the superspy role.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Definetely going to see it. I quite enjoyed the first and the sequel is, apparently, superior. In fact it's gotten a bit better than mixed reviews - it has a 78% approval rating on rottentomatoes.com. A spy thriller that's not Bond is always to be welcomed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

Hell no. I thought the ads for the first one made the film look pretty sweet (just like the ads for the second one) but the film was a load of ****e. Biggest con job since those, we have €1,000,000 but we need you to send €500 as a transaction cost and we'll give you 10% . I couldnt believe they made a sequel. Those dastards

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

ixoy wrote:
    Definetely going to see it. I quite enjoyed the first and the sequel is, apparently, superior. In fact it's gotten a bit better than mixed reviews - it has a 78% approval rating on rottentomatoes.com. A spy thriller that's not Bond is always to be welcomed.

Not as good as the first but still a great moive and a good continuation of the story (bit contrived though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I like the look of it, based mostly on the trailer and a good write-up in Empire. Brian Cox is awesome! I'll definetely see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

Im definately going to go see it, the first film was brilliant and this is meant to be better, even if it isnt, im still pretty sure im going to enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

I couldnt believe they made a sequel. Those dastards

There is 3 books in the series! they havent decided if they are to release a film of the third till they see how well the second film does!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The ironic thing is they leave out most of the good bits of the books, leaving Bourne a fairly 2 dimensional character.

That said, I did enjoy the first, thought Matt Damon was a superb choice for the role, remember, Bourne isn't a suave Bond-type spy, he's a semi-psychotic assasin/ one man SEAL team. I'll definitely go to see it.

Sleepy wrote:
    That said, I did enjoy the first, thought Matt Damon was a superb choice for the role, remember, Bourne isn't a suave Bond-type spy, he's a semi-psychotic assasin/ one man SEAL team. I'll definitely go to see it.

There is a good bit in this movie (Supremacy) where he has a sniper rifle trianed on sombody and he is talking to them on the phone, right at the end of it it dawns on the person on the phone thet he can see them. Very cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 biblo

Rew wrote:
    There is a good bit in this movie (Supremacy) where he has a sniper rifle trianed on sombody and he is talking to them on the phone, right at the end of it it dawns on the person on the phone thet he can see them. Very cool.

On the trailer at that part, it shows a close up of his face and he has this ridiculous expression on his face.

biblo wrote:
    On the trailer at that part, it shows a close up of his face and he has this ridiculous expression on his face.

Thats casue he is having flashbacks to when he killed various people, makes more sense when you see it in sequence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'll defiantly go see this. I loved the first one and the trailer for this looks good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep this is a must see for me. I like Franka Potente as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Liked the first. Will watch the second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

I'll definitely make it as well. I liked the first one and anything that has Franka Potente I'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

matt damon is very very hot so i'll have my tickets booked for this one :) i really liked the first one, tis a popcorn movie but very enjoyable at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Saw it last week.

I loved the first one and it was nowhere as good as the first!

But Paul Greengrass (the director, who made 'Bloody Sunday' previously) did do a good job! The action scenes are fantastic!

Also, loved the use of Moby's "Extreme Ways" to close the film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I went to see the first without knowing anything about it. Didn't see any trailer or know it was a book. I ended up quite enjoying it, the sound effects being the best thing about the film. I cringed everytime he punched someone.

I'll more than likely go and see Supremacy, although on the poster Matt Damon looks photoshopped to hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Great film, best action film I have seen this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

matt damon is very very hot so i'll have my tickets booked for this one :) i really liked the first one, tis a popcorn movie but very enjoyable at that.

I agree. The last 20 mins of this one sagged though. Good opening however. Wasn't expecting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

damien.m wrote:
    I agree. The last 20 mins of this one sagged though. Good opening however. Wasn't expecting it.

Agreed the end was kinda meh but I though the opening was crap due to it being done before in so many other movies and the viewer would need to be brain dead not to see it coming :( Good movie over all but no where near as good as the first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Raoul Duke wrote:
    I'll definitely make it as well. I liked the first one and anything that has Franka Potente I'll see.
    O_o http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004376/ nice pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

I stand corrected. I went to see it lastnight and overall I thought it was pretty good. The only problem i had was at the start we were sittin fairly close to the front so i got a bit of a headache but went away after a couple of minutes.

But the first one was still ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It was well above average, but not brilliant. Shakeycam was very annoying, and the story wasn't great. I see a 4th book in the series (The Bourne Legacy) was released last week. If Damon does Ultimatum, will he go on to do Legacy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I thought it was very good....story wasnt great though and ending could have been better !

Advertisement