Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The quality of "DJ-ing" at CTYI...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Jono,

Maniac 2000 is not teenybopper dance as you call it, it's quite possibly the best dman dance track ever.I like some of the same dance as you, not teenybopper stuff as you call it.Most dance that makes the charts is crap, but Maniac 2000 is pure class.The best CD I ever bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

skanger666 wrote:
    you like one of these kraftwerk ppl?
    That's a bit different to the dance music he's mentioning, but if you're insulting Kraftwerk, I shall urinate on you across the internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

And I will follow through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭skanger666

i dont like any dance music.... feel free to urinate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Rainbow Girl

I quite strongly dislike most dance, except Chemical Bro's, the Prodigy etc. Some of their stuff would've been welcome, but lets face it, the majority of CTYI people dislike dance, to some degree. If you want a disco filled with dance then go oretty much any where else, but I quite like the fact that the CTYI discos are some of the few where you get (in general) a decent sort of music. That said, the DJ this year left a lot to be desired. They do need a better mix. Even some dance. Last year a dance track came on, and myself, Ashley and quite a large group were just takin the p1ss, it was great...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i like summerjam 2003,and i will freely admit to that.... it's a great song. infact i like a lot of dance music... let the slagging begin....

i like summerjam 2003,and i will freely admit to that.... it's a great song. infact i like a lot of dance music... let the slagging begin....
    Alright Ana, you, me and a really bassy speaker against the world!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Early Prodigy. i'm telling you if they played stuff off "Music for the jilted generation" everyone would enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Now that I can agree with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

I want dance music all the way. Not the Dj sammy and scooter stuff but proper trance. Anyone who knows me knows im well into my music and I can give the Dj music if he doesnt know anything about dance. All i ask is like one hour at one disco even and Im grand with all the rest of the rock and the metal and the 80s music.

The whole point of CTYI discos is to give everyone a bit of what they want and to also have the traditional CTYI songs like american pie and grease lightning. But everyone at the moment is getting what they want EXCEPT the dance people.

• Advertisement

jono087 wrote:
    That's not dance.. when I say dance I mean real dance: like apollo, special d., flip'n'fill, benni benassi, barthezz, most INC.'s, Felix da housecat and to a lesser degree daft punk.

I don't like teenybopper dance either, I don't think anybody does. Techno-, House-, Garage-, Punk-, and Electronica- dance is what I'm talking about!

HAHAHAHAHA you have a messed up idea of dance music. Appolo - crap. Special D - worse then all the metal and stuff. Flip n Fill - as bad as special D these are pop music not dance. Benni Benassi - He is ok. Barthezz - How come youve heard of him? hes good too. Incs? Felix da housecat - Meh. Daft punk - Kinda poppy.

Most of what you named is tennybopper candyraver stuff. You have no idea what ur talking about. Techo and house are types of the genre called "electronica" or "edm" for electronic dance music. Garage and punk are NOT types of dance music.

If you are gonna argue for the case of having more dance music then get your facts right and listen to some real music and not just the stuff you hear on the radio! Where are you from? If your from cork then I will burn you some cds and give em to ya to show ya what real music is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Sunstorm

Not true. As much as I don't want to become a nostalgic pain-in-the-ass, last year we got Metallica, the Foos, RATM, Beasties and a lot of other similar stuff. Most of the stuff this year (besides the traditional songs) was chart rubbish. Seriously, what did the rock crowd get this year? We got under a half an hour on the last disco and the overplayed/overrated Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Where was the F4AF, HIM, CKY? hell I was so desperate I'd have taken The Rasmus!

Last year the music was so much better. The less F4AF and HIM I hear the better though. More Opeth and Carcass.

To note, this is my 500th post! Yay!

I'm on the phone to Bill now. He says Hi to everyone. He might be joining soon when he gets an internet connection up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Joycey wrote:
    But everyone at the moment is getting what they want EXCEPT the dance people.

I don't remember there being any good aul country-folk-hoe-down-square-dancing music... (yeah that's the name of the genre) *shakes head sadly*

They can't make everyone happy all the time otherwise the disco'd be about 20 hours long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Rainbow Girl

Exactly. But yeah, there was much more decent rock last year, this year the only stuff we got was after like half an hour of our b****ing at him... Well, let's just hope next year's guy doesn't make the same mistakes. Especially trying to start up out very first disco with some seriously sh1t dance, and not aas a joke. You just knew it'd be fun then...

I'd love to hear more metal but people just wouldn't fully appreciate it except for a few of us. I know the music could be better but I still think the discos would suck.

Joycey wrote:
    If you are gonna argue for the case of having more dance music then get your facts right and listen to some real music and not just the stuff you hear on the radio! Where are you from? If your from cork then I will burn you some cds and give em to ya to show ya what real music is.

Alrite joycey I aint from Cork but all the pirate stations are gona up here in Dublin and I'm into my dance as well.Any chance you'd burn me a few CDs to keep me going while my stations get back on there feet?

Cheers, Liam.

yeah ok i can give u a few if ur goin 2 stephen green 2morow. I will give ya some cds 2 ;)

Cheers man ur a lifesaver ;) Cya tomorrow at d green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Joycey wrote:
    HAHAHAHAHA you have a messed up idea of dance music. Appolo - crap. Special D - worse then all the metal and stuff. Flip n Fill - as bad as special D these are pop music not dance. Benni Benassi - He is ok. Barthezz - How come youve heard of him? hes good too. Incs? Felix da housecat - Meh. Daft punk - Kinda poppy.

Ok, I see your point, but apollo is actually quite good. granted special d. tunes are a leaning a bit towards the pop genre but in fairness its not all that bad. the flip'n'fill tunes I'm on about are the original mixes, not the 80's tracks remixed. And they don't play that on the radio...
    Joycey wrote:
    Garage and punk are NOT types of dance music.
    Garage is homemixed stuff, and some of it is quite good...
    Joycey wrote:
    Where are you from? If your from cork then I will burn you some cds and give em to ya to show ya what real music is.

I'm actually from waterford...

and to set the record staight, par moi teenybopper music is remixed pop tunes...

• Advertisement

I have only once seen a flip and fill mix that was any good and thier productions are as bad as lasgo or dj sammy. I thought you meant garage as in the kind of British rap not just amatuer productions.

Still though we are on the same side so I shouldnt argue wit ya

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Joycey wrote:
    I have only once seen a flip and fill mix that was any good and thier productions are as bad as lasgo or dj sammy. I thought you meant garage as in the kind of British rap not just amatuer productions.

WHAT!?!? You hv no idea what ur talkin about joyce, nowhere in your articles hv u mantioned sugababes, boyzone, take that, blue & girls aloud (who are playin 02 in the park this yr, hope to cya all there) and they're jus the obvious ones, no christy moore, wolfe tones, dubliners. I mean come on, whats a disco without a "Lisdoonvarna" or "Celtic symphony thrown in)?
    ****Holligan for CTYI resident DJ 2005****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

ctyi has never been known for its music selection
    but last year, session 1, was fairly blanced....
    but i do have to admit that event the worst of the ctyi discos beat out any of my school dances. at prom the dj didn't bring any rock music, only hip-hop and r&b junk, and i forgot my cds... *grumble....grumble*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭SeanOM

Joycey wrote:

Bout time you realised. Pity you did though i was having fun watching you starting fights with yourself

ColHol wrote:
    WHAT!?!? You hv no idea what ur talkin about joyce, nowhere in your articles hv u mantioned sugababes, boyzone, take that, blue & girls aloud (who are playin 02 in the park this yr, hope to cya all there) and they're jus the obvious ones, no christy moore, wolfe tones, dubliners. I mean come on, whats a disco without a "Lisdoonvarna" or "Celtic symphony thrown in)?

heh

ColHol wrote:
    I second that motion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

the best person to be a DJ for the ctyi discos would be Matthew Barrington.
    :D:D:D:D:D:p:D:D:D:D:D

ok fine colm for dj...

you could have at least fought a battle over it Joyce. start a Poll over what sort of music should be played and who should be the DJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

the best person to be a DJ for the ctyi discos would be Matthew Barrington.
    :D:D:D:D:D:p:D:D:D:D:D
    i second that

Advertisement