Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The quality of "DJ-ing" at CTYI...

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Raphael wrote:
    Wait, hold the phone

Theres decent dance music? Since when?

Teehee, that was looooow Aonghus. I like it! ;) There's some pretty decent dancable music, just not dance music. 'Baby got Back' for instance. That was G-O-O-D!!!

Thankfully they didn't play 'Friends Forever' by Vitamin C. They played that at my "graduation" from 3rd year. Everyone was crying and stuff. that song is just so over-rated. I was surprised (but happy) they didn't play it.

And what was with that Cha Cha slide thing. THAT killed me. Does that count as dance music???? Just wondering... ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

The Cha Cha slide was fun because even people who are COMPLETELY crap at dancing can dance to it. It tells you what to do. :rolleyes:
    (Unless of course you can't tell your right from your left and you keep bumping into each other as Jessica and I were doing... heh... ^^; )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

The Cha Cha slide was fun because even people who are COMPLETELY crap at dancing can dance to it. It tells you what to do.

Surprisingly, some people still manage to make a bags of it... amusing but at the same time quite alarming/worrying

Eh, these people can cause minor countries to explode with a single thought of their superpowered brains. You can't expect them to be able to dance. I mean, there are limits to talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭snuffles

The Cha Cha slide is evil. If it was possible to shoot music, I'd shoot it. It makes me feel patronised.

Actually, considering I've lost dance-offs against dead hamsters, this is probably understandable.

• Advertisement

Dead hamsters are pretty funky.

I hated the Cha Cha Slide before the discos but after seeing its practical uses I warmed up to it a bit. And also I had Jessica who knew all the moves to it even if she didn't know her left from right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

The Cha-Cha Slide was good only for the fact that it gave me a chance to have a sit down and a chat with Gigi and Janet. And the RAs would usually come over too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭SeanOM

I think d song is ingenius. instructions for dancing - why didnt anyone think of it sooner

Its been done many times before. Including such classics as the Hokey Pokey and Time Warp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

<starts boogeying down>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

In fairness its not about what people think you look like, 'cos you can always claim you were drunk.....

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

(Unless of course you can't tell your right from your left and you keep bumping into each other as Jessica and I were doing... heh... ^^; )[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that happend a lot to me too! Talented youth my ass! ;);)

In general the disco's were good. Between Matthew's attempt to get two ten minute songs played at the last disco and Brendan moshing in the middle of street spirit, it was cool!

Did someone compare the Time Warp to the Cha cha Slide??? the Rocky Horror Picture show has to be one of the best movies EVER! Please please don't relate it to the Cha Cha Slide. That's painful... :o:o

Did someone compare the Time Warp to the Cha cha Slide??? the Rocky Horror Picture show has to be one of the best movies EVER! Please please don't relate it to the Cha Cha Slide. That's painful... :o:o

I didn't compare them I simply made the point that the ChaCha Slide is not the first song to have instructions for dancing as lyrics. "Take a jump to the left and then a step to the right" etc.

Advertisement