Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

another 1 gone - Scholes quitting international scene

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The Muppet wrote:
    Is your opinion that everyone should support their national team first made on political grounds rather than sporting ones.

What has this got to do with politics?
    I think everybody would agree that sport is fundamentally a partisan game. And I don’t think that you can get anymore partisan than your own country taking part in a sporting event. IMHO I just think that it’s shocking that somebody would pick success of a club of another country over the success of their national squad.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

why is it those in favour of 'their' clubs doing better are Man Utd fans (no offence to true Irish fans that just happen to support Man Utd) .

Big Ears wrote:
    why is it those in favour of 'their' clubs doing better are Man Utd fans (no offence to true Irish fans that just happen to support Man Utd) .

I'm a Man Utd. fan!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

BaZmO* wrote:
    I'm a Man Utd. fan!! :D

then just read the brackets :D .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Big Ears wrote:

Well as you said earlier that was not the case the last time this subject was discussed here. At that time 66% of posters who responded to the Poll said they would support their club ahead of thier country. Phb is the only one that has said he would rather his club win the CL than Ireland win the World Cup in this thread so you are basing that generalistaion on one persons opinion. You were here on the old forum so you must remember the Poll where club came out over country by with 66% to 33% and they were not all Man U supporters voting.
    Bazmo wrote:

IMHO I just think that it’s shocking that somebody would pick success of a club of another country over the success of their national squad.

Why ? After all its only a game why would you be shocked by something so trivial?

The Muppet wrote:
    Why ? After all its only a game why would you be shocked by something so trivial?

Well shocked is probably the wrong word, I just can't understand it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

"It's only a game", Bill Shankly wouldn't agree - neither do I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

lads, keep it civil. Everyone has the right to their own views no matter how much we may disagree with them. Jiving Turkey, you know the rules about personal insults on this forum, no more "you're an idiot" comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

"It's only a game", Bill Shankly wouldn't agree - neither do I.

Go on then enlighten me. if its not only a game what is it?

BTW Bill Shankly was a great manager and earned his living from football so to him it was more than a game it was his livlihood as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I support Man Utd week in, week out and would much rather watch Utd play than an Ireland friendly, but if Ireland won the world cup, that would be far better than any buzz I would get from Man Utd winning anything. The knock on effect on everyone would be amazing...just look at the parties Brazil have. EVERYONE gets involved. That would be so much fun.

Advertisement