Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you happy with UTV services?

Options
  • 03-08-2004 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

Where should I post them? I have been with UTV since they started and I have been loyal to them. But I have had enough. I wish to start a thread about UTV and their lack of service. Apart from the Recycle Bin. Where do I go?

OHP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Uh. How about actually emailing them or posting it on their newsgroup? Posting it here would be next to useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Moriarty wrote:
    Uh. How about actually emailing them or posting it on their newsgroup? Posting it here would be next to useless.
    Have you read their newsgroups lately? Nothing but complaints. I have emailed them along with a lot of others. But to no avail. That is why I am asking where can I post complaints about UTV here. Without getting kicked or banned. UTV have become like Eircon in more ways than one. And if you read UTV.SUPPORT you would see why im posting here. Last Resort?

OHP

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Well, let's try it here and one of us might choose to move it to Nets/Comms.

(my only quibble with UTV is that one CS agent told me last week (in July) that switching from Clicksilver to CS Plus could be done in a day only to be told by the person responsible for doing it that it would be done "by September" but I'll whinge about that somewhere else (as you're talking about 56k) and to UTV themselves as well)

The only rider I'll attach is that you have complained to UTV about the (presumably) declining customer service, yeah? As if it's a general whinge list (don't get me wrong by the way, general whinge lists are great if they're addressed to the guilty as well as the world, regardless of the company), it'd be more effective if they heard about it directly as well. So post it here if you send it to complaints@u.tv as well. Sounds fair? (and it may get moved, I'd like to apply the same conditions to all other service complaint lists)

edit: Oh, as for getting kicked or banned, keep it clean so that a Mormon could read it and I'll probably be happy (incidentally, I'm not a Mormon). I tend to agree with moriarty that posting it here won't do you much good but it might start a discussion so I'm prepared to see. This is not the board of final resort for calling any telco by the way - they have phones and managers. I wouldn't even dream of complaining about any company on a newsgroup if I wanted anyone from that company to actually read it (I don't even run a newsreader).

Fair nough Scepter. But like I asked at the beginning. Where should this be posted without it going to the recycle bin. I have some genunine complaints about UTV. But I respect your decision on this matter. And maybe the heading should be "Have you any complaints about UTV's Service?" I aint a good poster here and I need all the help I can get. So your help would be appreciated.

OHP

Fair enough I will back off. You can delete my post if you want to. Sorry.

OHP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I can see the same problem you can with posting it here (which is why I appreciate you asking in the first palce really). IOFFL's far more concerned with getting Net access (mostly-flatrate having basically been achieved of course) available universally at a reasonable price and at reasonable connectivity levels than sorting individual (or group) problems once that access has been achieved (individually or universally). Meanwhile while there are some consumer issues explored on the Nets/Comms forum, it's mostly a technical advice forum (as far as I can see, I don't know what the view of the mods over there is) and unlike the broadness of the broadband forum there's an element of issues falling between two stools between there and here.

However (there's always a however), given the interest from some people in expanding IrelandOffline's remit into general telecom issues (depending on whether people are prepared to step up and make the effort to decide whether that should happen and make the effort in making sure that happens if that's what they want), I'm kind of interested in what you have to say. So (and perhaps just this once, we'll see) if you've got actual issues you'd like to discuss and they're affecting your internet "experience" (as opposed to just throwing a vague question out there), open a thread here along the lines of "UTV 56k problems - am I the only one" and I'm happy to find out whether it's got wings or is just a bitching session. And it might turn out to be a Nets/Comms type of thread but if it is, we can move it there. When we merged the forums back together due to a lack of traffic in the "serious" forum, I wasn't hoping that all the consumer issues would just disappear. Post, let's see and at worst I'll quietly bemoan the possible lack of a constructive space for 56k people to discuss their ISP problems if it turns out it doesn't belong here.

(I can't tell you where to post in advance as I don't know what the problems are except that you're on 56k and UTVip XL. Chicken and egg I suppose)

Hi ScepticOne,

Tried sending you a pm but your inbox is full. I am on ISDN btw.

OHP

Ok I have tried several times to put my feelings about UTV in writing, but no matter what I wrote about UTV, it always sounded like I was whingeing about them. So without turning it into a whingeing/bitching match. Can I ask everyone that uses UTV on 56k, ISDN (Like me) and BB. To give their honest opinion as to the Quality of Service and Support that UTV are now providing. I do not want to turn this into a Flame War, nor do I want anyone to just bitch and whinge. Just an honest opinion and to the point. I for one am not happy with UTV at the moment. Lack of support, ping times in games, broken promises and being tied into a contract while I feel the service is not being provided, is just my opinion. What is yours?

OHP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I agree . ( and yes I am leaving shortly , but they are still been paid by me atm )

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'll be leaving them at the end of the month (for NTL cable), but for the 10 months I've been using UTVipXL, I've never had any connection issues, and once I started using their dialler (as I found out you had to do), the service was flawless - if the main number was busy, you always got through on the secondary one. I rang customer support once, and they were friendly, and I had the issue resolved in 2 minutes (problem on signup). Never had any billing issues whatsoever, money was always taken on time, and the correct amount taken.

I'd recommend UTVipXL to anyone.

(And I'll do some thread chopping/merging in the morning. It's time for bed)

• Advertisement

This seems to be an odd place to have this thread , is it not service related ?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

My 2c as a recently-retired Ireland Offline committee member: there are moves under way to convert the organisation into a general-purpose telecoms consumer advocacy group. No such conversion has taken place as yet, and as such it is not within the organisation's remit to handle complaints about the service received (or not) from BISPs.

If you feel Ireland Offline should have a role in such cases, go to the EGM in September, make your case, and ideally volunteer to do some work. In the meantime, the mods did the right thing in moving the thread. IMO.

Indeed , and quiet right you are paul .

Thank you for moving my post here. My reason for making this post in the first place is this. I feel that IOFFL have fought long and hard and are still fighting for everyone in Ireland to have BB made available to them. Be it by Wireless, Satellite, Group BB schemes or whatever. But it is not enough just to get BB made available. Eircon could make BB available to everyone tomorrow (well near enough) if they wanted to. But not bother to maintain it properly, to a degree where everyone would just no be bothered with it. And I feel that way about UTV. So all I am basically asking is if anyone has any problems with their service from UTV to post it here and approach them as a Group rather than an individual. It has become apparent that UTV can now afford to lose individuals. But if we get together as a group we might get more of a response from UTV as was seen here when they came here at the beginning.

OHP

Just read this in utv.support
    Update: RoI bandwidth issues

Apologies for the delay in posting about the ongoing RoI bandwidth issues.

The bandwidth upgrade that I posted about at the start of last month took
    place but due to ongoing demand did not resolve all the issues that have
    been reported here and directly into support.

Today I have been given confirmation of further work that is scheduled to
    start mid month and we expect that by the end of the month that we should
    have a total resolution of the reported increased pings and slow downloads.

I appreciate that this issue has been causing major problems for users of
    our ADSL service and I will try to keep everyone updated as the month
    progresses.

Charles
    --
    Technical Support Supervisor
    UTV Internet

While I am not yet a BB/ADSL user. I have the same problems with ISDN.

OHP

P.S. Go read the thread. Some interesting replies. :eek:

keeping a constant eye on it , you reading the thread in broadband forum aswell ?

No but im on my way there now. :D

OHP

Advertisement