Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrong version?

Options
  • 04-08-2004 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

hey whenever i try and play online it says wrong version, look for updates and when i says yes it does nothing for ages. any ideas? after reading this board though i dunno if i wanna play online, chances are i'll get my ass whipped

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

What version is your Battlefield Vietnam?

If you have only just installed it or have never patched it then more then liklely it is just on v1.0. At the moment the current version is v1.1. You can find links to download the newest updates and also various updates for Punkbuster and files on the "Battlefield Patches, Mods & Files" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

hey thanks for replying so quickly. yeah i just installed it a couple days ago. i'm downloading that big fcuk off update patch now. pardon my ignorance but what's 'punkbuster'?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

griffdaddy wrote:
    hey thanks for replying so quickly. yeah i just installed it a couple days ago. i'm downloading that big fcuk off update patch now. pardon my ignorance but what's 'punkbuster'?
    its a program that runs in the background to "prevent cheaters" its not enabled on Vietnavan so turn it off and you will get a better ping, but most servers require it on to play, so check.

oh my god ea you stressful cnuts, they wont let me install the patch to any harddrive except 'c' and my bfv is on 'n' and now i cant uninstall it from n

oh my god ea you stressful cnuts, they wont let me install the patch to any harddrive except 'c' and my bfv is on 'n' and now i cant uninstall it from n. i think its cause my brother installed it on his account, although we're both administrators

• Advertisement

I have my install located in D:\Program Files\Games\Battlefield Vietnam and I was able to install it into there. The game uses a registory key to tell it into what location to install the update. Is it possible that your install was currupt?

hmmm, i'm not sure actually. all the new stuff appeared in c as opposed to n. i'd say its cause it was installed by a different user. i'l get rid of it completely though and start from the start

Differant users shouldn't cause a problem like that unless, when the game was installed it was installed "For this user only" insted of "for all users".

Eitherway a reinstall should solve any of your problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

That's probably the best thing to do.

Don't be intimidated to play online, everyone started at some point. Join VietNavan (see server thread for ip), its an Irish server and generally the most friendly one I've ever come across. If your unsure about anything just ask and most regulars will be happy to help.

Hope to see you in there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

actually, if your both admins on the machine, just change your brothers password, log in and try the patch then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

I bought BFV the other day. upgraded it (bcv_1.1_full_07292004) but when I try and connect to Vietnavan i get a wrong version error?

Advertisement