Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

utv broadband = pants

• 04-08-2004 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

im just after buying utv broadband and im annoyed. im gettin 200+ pings on english servers. however this is only on the weekends and on nights during the week. so i just want to know if its always been like this, or is it just me. also if im to change would i be better with esat or eircom.

i know ur reading this. and u know its me. but u have ur doubts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Pubert wrote:
    im just after buying utv broadband and im annoyed. im gettin 200+ pings on english servers. however this is only on the weekends and on nights during the week. so i just want to know if its always been like this, or is it just me. also if im to change would i be better with esat or eircom.

i know ur reading this. and u know its me. but u have ur doubts.
    If you came here first you would have found out it "= pants" for gaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

you would be aswell off taking it over here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=177938

one thread covering everything would be better than loads of threads covering bits and pieces

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

utv is indeed pants and always has been for the gamer especially, theres treads documenting utv's dodgy service going back months and months here, as for going for iol or eircom, they are both great for gaming and downloading/surfing with IOL having the higher cap. There is a slight possibility that utv might sort out all their troubles once and for all very soon so perhaps you should hold on to utv for another month just to see do they get their act together, if not then jump ship like so many others have done if you can afford it as you will have to pay for breaking your contract with utv.

Advertisement