Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribes 2

Options
  • 04-01-2001 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Anyone got a confirmed release date for Tribes II yet.
    Also are there any active irish tribes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

No release date as yet, noone even knows a possible date cept Dynamix and Sierra and they aint tellin smile.gif
    I dont expect anything till april or may anyway.
    I dont think theres any pure Irish tribes out there anymore, most Irish tribers are in UK clans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Its too old for active tribes at this stage - i dont think any tournaments are going on any more anywhere in Europe. Tribes players have mostly moved to CS these days. Tribes 2 will see their return i reckon, but youll probably be too engrossed in the game to notice smile.gif

There have been a number of setbacks, April at this stage is optimistic for a release on this side of the water anyway... anyone remember how long it took Tribes 1 to get here from the states? Anyone who was involved in the scene had it already on warez, not that im condoning warez smile.gif

There will be several dedicated Tribes 2 tribes. There just arent any yet.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

The second beta period will be starting soon, there's still a long way to go. smile.gif

Tribes1 took 4-5 months to be released in Europe, and even then it was bundled with Starsiege - not in a box on its own. Hopefully with the success of other multiplayer-only games in Europe we'll get a simultaneous release..

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Every i/v with Dave ive read has mentioned a simultaneous worldwide release with a week delay max. or so they say. they also said it would be a pre-xmas release mind you wink.gif

Advertisement